Favorite game of the year?

Gryph

The year is almost over and the major titles have all come out so it now time to choose a SINGLE game that you think is the best. Only a single game, don't go listing more than one. Yes, I know it can be a tough thing to do but that is the point. Makes a new thread if you want a discussion on that.

Mine would have to be Far Cry 2 for PC. It started out kind of slow for me and I got aggravated with it but then it just really clicked with me and I couldn't stop playing. I tried to go back and play Crysis: Warhead after I beat it and I just can't do it.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Far Cry 2 and i dont like it so far, but if you say later on it gets better, il give it a shot.

For me, all i play is Gears of War 1 lol, but aside from that Fallout 3 for PC takes the cake for me. I Wouldve said Gears 2 but its too buggy for me to enjoy.

Hmm, a hard choice for me considering I've been enjoying lots of games this year. But few did caught my eyes as per below.

Candidate for GOTY:

GOW2 (beat it finally yesterday and although it is more of the same with extra tweak, boy what a ride)

Mirror's Edge (a very, very refreshing take on "FPS")

GTAIV (say what you want, but the refreshing take on the gameplay, relationship management and the breathtaking open space world did it for me)

I got Far Cry 2 and i dont like it so far, but if you say later on it gets better, il give it a shot.

For me, all i play is Gears of War 1 lol, but aside from that Fallout 3 for PC takes the cake for me. I Wouldve said Gears 2 but its too buggy for me to enjoy.

Far Cry 2 isn't for everyone. The game doesn't really change story wise or gameplay wise (you just get more weapons) so if you're really not liking it now then you may not like it at all. What I've been noticing is that people either really like the game or they don't like it at all.

Far Cry 2 isn't for everyone. The game doesn't really change story wise or gameplay wise (you just get more weapons) so if you're really not liking it now then you may not like it at all. What I've been noticing is that people either really like the game or they don't like it at all.

The game feels so unoriginal, another COD4 clone. I played a bit more and im enjoying it, lets see how it goes.

The game feels so unoriginal, another COD4 clone. I played a bit more and im enjoying it, lets see how it goes.

It is nothing like CoD4.

It is nothing like CoD4.

After a bit more of playing, i take that back. But it is quite similar.