--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

one bug i did find bp was that dodonpachi needed the vmm turned on when in the past,it would load up without this.didnt have any problems with esprade which uses the same arcade hardware.

actually my xbox crashed with dodonpachi and hung at a black screen if i didnt turn on vmm.

i'm pretty sure its a artwork thing.. with artwork its a hit and miss kind of thing.. if a game uses a lot of memory and then you add the artwork to it , it runs out of memory and will not load or even crash/lockup.

BP said that he had tried 19xx with artwork enabled and it wouldn't load so i had a look at it and played around with it.. so i went into the vm.txt file and set the middle value was set to 32 and i changed it to 24 and 19xx booted up with artwork enabled but the game then ran at only 30 fps instead of the 60 fps that it runs at.

not sure fum if you had artwork enabled or not but when it comes to the artwork the xbox just don't have enough under the hood to run some games with artwork enabled know matter what you do.

yeah your right hel it is a memory issue with the artwork.i actually tried loading up dodonpachi with the artwork turned off and sure enough it loaded.

im still going to keep the artwork in there just for novelty sake.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Settings proposed

If you have any issues nows the time im about to lockdown the settings.

This is the new layout, new naming and how it works <_< there is no more hidden advanced mode

BASIC

FAVORITES Add Hot Games

FAVORITES Add All Time Classic Games

AUTOROTATE Vertical Games

AUTOROTATE Overlay ***NEW***

LOCK GAMES To Show Favorites Only

LOCK GAMES To Be Sorted By

SPLASH SCREEN

AUTOFIRE And Semi-Automatic Fire

INTERFACE Colorise Your Game Selection

INTERFACE Extra Keys Change Sort Method

INTERFACE Extra Game Information Overlay

INTERFACE Show Position Of Selected Game ***NEW***

INTERFACE Display Times Played Visually

INTERFACE Game Previews ***NEW***

VISUAL ( locked out by advanced mode switch )

VIDEO 720P Hi Def Support

VIDEO Enhancing Effects

VIDEO Sync Smoothing

VIDEO Anti-Aliasing

VIDEO Soften Display

VIDEO Flicker Filter

VIDEO Frameskip *** AUTOMATIC with no advanced mode ***

WIDESCREEN ASPECT RATIO For Horizontal Games

WIDESCREEN ASPECT RATIO For Rotated Games

SCREENSAVER Mode

SCREENSAVER Slideshow or SHUTDOWN

FAVORITES Display Buttons Onscreen ***NEW*** *** ENABLED with no advanced mode ***

FAVORITES Add To Favorites If Played Alot

ARTWORK ***NEW***

ADVANCED ( locked out by advanced mode switch )

VIRTUAL MEMORY Configuration *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

VIRTUAL MEMORY Threshold *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

VIRTUAL MEMORY Commit Size *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

VIRTUAL MEMORY Distribute *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

SOUND Lockout Operates Automatically *** ENABLED with no advanced mode ***

SOUND Lockout *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

SOUND Sample Rate ***NEW*** *** CD Quality with no advanced mode ***

AUTOFIRE ( A ) GREEN Button

AUTOFIRE ( B ) RED Button

AUTOFIRE ( X ) BLUE Button

AUTOFIRE ( Y ) YELLOW Button

VIDEO Screen Is Mounted Vertically *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

Neo-Geo Custom Bios *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

Gamepad Defaults Can Be Remapped *** Disabled with no advanced mode ***

its now or never time to have your say

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

BP you're a star ! Thanks for the sample rate, no more irritating sounds in the oldest games <_<

I personnally believe all the useful options are concentrated in these 3 pages, good organization, no more suggestion ! Easy for everyone, and complete for exacting players !!!

PS in answer to guys who wanted to manage their roms directories (pm):

Open mameox.ini file and check those lines:

RomsPath0 = d:\roms

RomsPath1 = d:\roms

and replace for example with RomsPath1 = f:games\**folder**\roms or g:\roms or anything according to where you placed your games !

Edited by stf

Has anyone else had the problem "error missing files" when loading roms with coinops ignite beta 4.0?

Are there any DAT files that will correct this issue? I can't find any DAT in the download I got and I assume this is the issue here.

PS in answer to guys who wanted to manage their roms directories (pm):

Open mameox.ini file and check those lines:

RomsPath0 = d:\roms

RomsPath1 = d:\roms

and replace for example with RomsPath1 = f:games\**folder**\roms or g:\roms or anything according to where you placed your games !

OF COURSE mameox.ini is in e:\tdata\babe...\system !!!

I don't know if an advanced setting for that is useful, and this can be easily edited on a PC. If people can run the beta, they sure know about the save and where it must be placed, and mameox.ini is in this save !!!

Up to BP's judgement !

Answer for other pm: Older saves must be erased, place babe0002 in tdata (in this you can have edited mamox.ini for rompaths). Then launch the beta and the drivers list will be writen properly, don't copy in babe0002 the files from an older "babe" save !!

No more problems of missing files if you're still using the same roms.

PS: BP PM for you <_<

just pointing out why i think its need... to tell you the truth i could give two $hits about it as i know what the hell is going on.. but there are people out there that don't have a clue even if they can run a beta and remember one day there will be a final release and it should be simple to use because that's what this project has always been about.. also remember stf whats easy for you and me to do is not so easy for others that may come across coinops at some point.

You're just right Hellsfury, I do agree. <_<

But another solution could be a detailed "HowToUse.txt" in every beta, as I suppose it will be contained in final release.

Reading all this I'm sure BP will decide something easy for everyone !

That's why we wait for reactions in this topic from you friends who pm us for betas !!!

Edited by stf