--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

filters will be looked into soon... a better way to handle them as some game should use them and other shouldnt as it slows them down to much

Unless you're planning on testing every single game just for the ability to use a filter, there really isn't a better solution than Xport's method.

For example:

The user sets the global filter setting to use "Simple2x." The first time you open a game it remembers that you used "Simple2x," so that the next time you open it it uses it again. However, if you open a game that already has "Simple2x" disabled, that becomes the new global default. If you change that game's setting to "Super Eagle Engine," that becomes the game's new default and the new global default. Thus, the next time you run a game for the first time it'll default to "Super Eagle Engine" because that was the setting last used by the game you just played.

In other words, once a game has been played it defaults to it's own saved settings when loaded in the future. Since the global filter remembers the setting for the last game played, you can easily set up your favorites just by opening the games without having to bother changing the filter.

So...

- You set Pac-Man to use "Simple2x." Close the game.

- You run Mr. Do! for the first time.

- Mr. Do! automatically defaults to "Simple2x" and saves that setting as it's own.

- Then you run all your favorite old games so they default to that filter, too.

Once saved, the user doesn't have to change it again. Problem solved.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent looked into filters much at present. And what export has is lots of ram and cpu speed left over for most of his EMUs mame crashes wth artwork turned on for many newer games its that close to alot of them not running.

What im looking for is ideas on inproving the GUI the settings layout, new settings, changing the way settings work. Suggestions. Issues with features that have been put in. I guess game mappings. But not mame stuff as much as Ignite stuff.

Hello

For help the project i have test the series GALS PANIC :)

A game who i have played on arcade there is more time ...

- Gals Panic 1 : Set 1 and 2 : OK Work fine :( (set 2 game ADDED)

- Gals Panic 3 : CRASH , Freeze on the screen LOADING (game ADDED)

- Gals Panic 4 : OK working, but CRASH if you want to make a SCREENSHOT ! Low memory :P

- Gals Panic II : Set 1 CRASH for memory. (game ADDED)

- Gals Panic II : Set 2 work OK, But it is not playable :D The % counter bug and if you make all the screen you have just 4.8% ... the game never finish and you never see the girl :D (game ADDED)

- Gals Panic S : OK working good but crash on SCREENSHOT, low memory (it want about 230000 and there is about 180000) (game FAVORIS)

- Gals Panic S2 : OK working, but not playable ! (game ADDED)

There are many bugs : Many slowdowns in the game, and every time you can't draw the line, the game don't want, you must add credits for it want you can draw the line ... every time ... it is very busy !!!

For the memory bug, the VM.TXT can help or not ... ?

The games ADDED are not good recognized by CoinOPS, they must be added i think in the list for the type, the year, ...

With this test, it is possible to test yourself the game and repair them ?

Thanks

I don't test and have :

- Gals Panic II' - Special Edition (1994)

- Gals Panic SU (1999)

- Gals Panic S3 (2002)

But i don't know is there are arcade or console lol

+++ And i forget, without the GP 1 nothing works on HD !!!

Memory crash :)

Edited by darknior

Regarding screen size.... I'll try & explain what I did. I have component cables, M$dash set to 720, 1080 are enabled. I went into the 'hidden' advanced settings, and enabled 720 there. After playing/exitting a game back to the game menu (Back + Start) my game menu was only in the top left quadrant of the screen. I then tried "Y" to reset screen size to default & everything went to black screen. Had to reload to get the screen back. Did I do something wrong, or is this possibly bug?

LightGun / Analogue x,y sensitivity and joy/key speed settings not saved after exiting a rom. Pain to keep inputting this every game just when you have it right.