--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm actually I dont include playerchoice that was an omision on my part sorry... I can fix that stuff if people really want it

YUP we....well....I want it!

but i remember reading somewhere that there is a button combination that you use to play these games and i could be wrong but im sure in the old baed(0.843b)it worked without any button combinations.

think i will load up the old disc and see and im going to do a bit of homework on this coz there is definately a button combination for this im sure of it.

re LightGun issues

roms that never used to work before ive downloaded and tested again with ignite beta 4

Op Wolf 3, Steel Gunner 1 + 2, Golly Ghost, Jurassic Park there are more in the catver.ini but im limited to a few at a time as i have to reboot between XDSL & Ignite. The issue is this, i calibrate my lcd topgun hardware perfect, calibrate within ignite, calibrate within the rom service menu then launch ( leaving the crosshair onscreen for comparison ) the above mentioned games are about 2 - 4 inches out from the gun - crosshair. So to double check i calibrated the games from the service menu using the pad as the gun. I now see you have the pad being able to reach all of the corners as long as we dont use the analogue thunb sticks, now i think here is the problem, doesnt a light gun work like the analogue thumbstick ? if so then it cant calibrate to the corners. A lot of the other supported roms work without this issue. PS loads of good light gun games need adding really, no other build ever bothered which is a shame. Lethal enforcers series never used to work amongst others which are listed in your catver.ini. I did create a LightGun only version of CoinOps+ with correct nv ram, cfg's, screenshots, catver etc however it was deleted when i got Ignite last night.

SF1 is mapped the way you say.... you will have the old config and I changed the roms name eg from sf1 to sf I think. To test the keymapping please delete the cfg folder and nv folder and then put the one from BETA4 on there has been many changes and its easy to get this stuff screwed up as both stf and I have found :lol:. Please start again with these folders.

Also Fum what do you think of the new build... does it make you want to use it more than hk version yet or still a no go there

nope, all old files from coinops+ were deleted, the save files were removed even though they have a different save folder as you well know, streching the screen to fit widescreen creates a fish eye lensing effect ( ie the further toward the edge of the screen you point the further the calibration drifts ) which i found out a long time ago with other mame variants. My TV is Full HD to which i only run the xbox @ 720p. Ignite started in the correct res n size from the first install so i left it as i presumed this was a HD project. Maybe somewhere there was an old cfg of sorts which got left behind but i doubt it im quite thorough. I have tried 4:3 res fixes before but they dont fix the calibration issues, the issues remain with the same games. As i stated earlier is this an analogue issue with certain roms ?

nope, all old files from coinops+ were deleted, the save files were removed even though they have a different save folder as you well know, streching the screen to fit widescreen creates a fish eye lensing effect ( ie the further toward the edge of the screen you point the further the calibration drifts ) which i found out a long time ago with other mame variants. My TV is Full HD to which i only run the xbox @ 720p. Ignite started in the correct res n size from the first install so i left it as i presumed this was a HD project. Maybe somewhere there was an old cfg of sorts which got left behind but i doubt it im quite thorough. I have tried 4:3 res fixes before but they dont fix the calibration issues, the issues remain with the same games. As i stated earlier is this an analogue issue with certain roms ?

i tested operation wolf,aliens the gun,point blank a while ago on normal tv(not lcd) with just a scart cable as i originally got the sourcecode for bp i thought it only fair to test it and i cant rteally say the calibration was off as much as the problems you are having.

anyway bp concerning the playchoice games i found this on xbox scene.

Go into the games input setup, NOT the emulator input setup.

*If you don't know how to find that menu, during gameplay press BACK+WHITE

*To pause Emulator, press BACK+BLACK

Now...

Look for "ENTER" I personally switch that to Left Trigger

Look for "START" & "SELECT" Put "START" as "START" and "SELECT" as "BACK"

Once that is done, go back to the game. Push BACK a shizznit load of times to increase time gameplay. Once you;ve done that, press "Left Trigger" and that will start up the game. And with whatever game your playing, press start whenever it tells you to. I use the latest MAMEoX for this. Hope that helps.quote.

i also remember before you were trying to get the playchoice version of super mario bros working.anyway i have just been trying out the vs. version and it works perfectly full screen on coinops ignite and i also tried vsgumshoe which seems to be a lightgun game and vstennis.seemed to work ok tennis had a sound issue but no big deal.

there seems to be quite a few good games on playchoice so im going to try out these settings later.

i really just use mame128 for the crystal of kings bp as raiden fighters2 is working better on coinops,one thing i noticed when comparing your version of raiden fighters2 and hks version was that with all filters disabled your version looks better and plays smoother did you notice that your self.

It is awesome to hear that the lightgun games are being looked at more closely. I love playing them.

I also have the topgun for the lcd and struggled to get it to calibrate on my lcd with certain games. It is like the gun only recognizes a diamond shape on the screen. Granted I don't have the ignite beta but I added some of the shootong games that are officially in the build now

Anyways thanks for all the great work BP and looking inot my request. Would love to see some games added that take use of the 128mb of ram.

It is awesome to hear that the lightgun games are being looked at more closely. I love playing them.

I also have the topgun for the lcd and struggled to get it to calibrate on my lcd with certain games. It is like the gun only recognizes a diamond shape on the screen. Granted I don't have the ignite beta but I added some of the shootong games that are officially in the build now

Anyways thanks for all the great work BP and looking inot my request. Would love to see some games added that take use of the 128mb of ram.

there was only ever 2 games that could be added to mame on xbox that took advantage of the extra ram and one of them was the original streetfighter believe it or not but that has been fixed now thanks to iq 132.

with a 733mhz processer there isnt much games that can take advantage of it,especially when it comes to 3d games.

there was only ever 2 games that could be added to mame on xbox that took advantage of the extra ram and one of them was the original streetfighter believe it or not but that has been fixed now thanks to iq 132.

with a 733mhz processer there isnt much games that can take advantage of it,especially when it comes to 3d games.

That is what I figured but I thought I would ask. Anyways having all these guns games is more than I could ever ask for. Takers me back to the good old days of arcade shooters. Going to have to build up that shooting arm though :lol:

Too bad I wont be able to enjoy them until summer (school ,school ,school)