--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok guys when testing games in coinops ignite, if you find a game thats not working or works but has problems.. please add your findings to this spreadsheet..

Edited: spreadsheet link removed as it's not needed.

Thanks goes out to dirk hermans for putting up the new spreadsheet

Hellfury, or dirk, this can be a loss of time to report non working games that work in fact. (H2K) xXx pointed on a problem about a save to delete and replace, and in many other cases a lot of answers could be: "non working with mame 0.84"

Maybe a cool idea would be to use this spreadsheet to list the set, and mark the no sound features, (known) sound problems, the perfect working games, best frameskip settings... in alphabet order. A cool source for users untill BP releases his already scanned set.

when you speak about the games having problems with sound these were already addressed in the last spead sheet.

edit/stf there is going to be something like 200 new games added this time and some were your suggestions,so give me some names that are going to be added.

Frogger :lol:

Hell ! if i catch you.... :D

Edited by stf

I was hoping for the sequel frogger the revenge of the tadpole! :lol:

anyway bp on streetfighter1 you have the strongest kick mapped to the back trigger,could you remap it to the white or black button as it can be unresponsive sometimes and all 3 punch buttons are mapped but it is missing the medium kick button.

edit/so stf what are some of the games that you suggested ?as im looking for new ones to try.

From the other thread: (I cutted it a little bit for better reading)

The only Feature Request i have for the next version is a soundfix for Cabal (bootleg). The Romname is "cabalbl". ...
You'd better use the rom cabal.zip

I you only have a recent fullset (like mame128) then unzip cabalus.zip (us clone), place the files in cabal.zip, then you'll get a fully playable Cabal with correct sound :lol:

Fully working and fully playable (with all useful moves) is a difference :D The bootleg is the only version besides the Cabal Alpha Trading (cabala.zip added in 0.119) in which you can roll with the third button and avoid enemy shots. This is a very useful move. Unfortunately it´s only in 2 Versions, in the "bootleg" and the "Alpha Trading". In Other Versions you can only have 2 Buttons. In MAME0.84 cabalbl is playable, but has a wrong sound effect. Enemy shots sounds like inserting a coin ;) The Sound was fixed in 0.119 or 0.126 afair. ...
You'll have the sames issues due to mame84.

I know that, but i thought BP asked for driver updates, this is one ;) Should we:

1. request driver updates for all Games? (that makes them better)

2. request driver updates only for new Games?

3. don't request driver updates?

Thx, CU

Hmmm No spreadsheet !

A spreadsheet with non working roms would be huge and a waste of time.

A spreadsheet with supported games would not only be smaller but easier to read, then if its not on the list then there will be a reason .. ie .. its a clone, bad graphics/sound, doesnt work etc.

Anyone have any idea which roms have been added for this build ? if i remember correcly it is 200 or so ? Is there a changelog listing working or added roms ?

I have always read these forums for an awfull long time but never bothered to join in cause all i seem to read is a lot of belly aching and bitching and not a lot of constructive comments.

Anyone have any idea which roms have been added for this build ? if i remember correcly it is 200 or so ? Is there a changelog listing working or added roms ?

I agree about this, a list of new supported roms in Ignite compared to Gold (about 220 according to BritneysPAIRS) would be very useful, both for upgrading the romset and for the beta testing.

Edited by letmealone

Test the features, all settings ( the setting system is vastly diff from the old settings system with nearly all settings being moved around or redone )... please and suggest new features. Ill be making a list soon of all games stf and I have been working on smoothing out..... about 230 or so. Plus a list of all of the games 1225 or so recommended games and screenshots for them. I might work on some drivers once the features in BETA4 are bug free this is a Bugbash

*** So need bugs

*** Wether you like it better than other versions I have released or not

*** What you use other mame versions for (except midway MK etc games have sound working)

*** Games to add to the list

*** Basic , Advanced, Hidden Settings changing around .... I think x setting is an Adv not a basic setting (kind of suggestions) Note: remember Adv/hidden settings are hidden if adv settings is off

*** wrong keymaps

*** wrong manufactures

*** wrong senitiviities

*** wrong catergies

*** wrong years

stf and I will work on a way for next Beta to produce a way for people to test new games and also suggest fixs

NEW GAMES WE TWEAKED AND ADDED TO LIST (supplied in picture form and can be converted to PNG and will be sized aspected correctly for coinops)

********* http://www.thraxen.com/BritneysPAIRS/Gamepics.rar *************

Cheers guys.... I will also introduce a changelog (basic list as currently there is over 1000keymap changes so I cant list all that stuff)

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

all my existing lightgun games ( listed in another post on these boards ) worked, dont know if its my eyes but they appeared to run smoother and calibrate easier, armed with this new finding i just downloaded a couple of new lightgun roms ie jpark golly ghost op wolf 3 and a few more, these games used to have serious calibration issues to the point of sometimes only using half the screen, now however the seem to map the whole screen yet im still about an inch or so out in accuracy, will post more details after ive tested all of the games in the catver.ini ( supported list)

Test the features, all settings ( the setting system is vastly diff from the old settings system with nearly all settings being moved around or redone )... please and suggest new features. Ill be making a list soon of all games stf and I have been working on smoothing out..... about 230 or so. Plus a list of all of the games 1225 or so recommended games and screenshots for them. I might work on some drivers once the features in BETA4 are bug free this is a Bugbash

*** So need bugs

*** Wether you like it better than other versions I have released or not

*** What you use other mame versions for (except midway MK etc games have sound working)

*** Games to add to the list

*** Basic , Advanced, Hidden Settings changing around .... I think x setting is an Adv not a basic setting (kind of suggestions) Note: remember Adv/hidden settings are hidden if adv settings is off

*** wrong keymaps

*** wrong manufactures

*** wrong senitiviities

*** wrong catergies

*** wrong years

stf and I will work on a way for next Beta to produce a way for people to test new games and also suggest fixs

NEW GAMES WE TWEAKED AND ADDED TO LIST (supplied in picture form and can be converted to PNG and will be sized aspected correctly for coinops)

********* http://www.thraxen.com/BrinteysPAIRS/Gamepics.rar *************

Cheers guys.... I will also introduce a changelog (basic list as currently there is over 1000keymap changes so I cant list all that stuff)

MUST NOTE: a few games are clones merged with original ! ! !

ALSO NOTE: thnderxj.zip is a clone of thunderx.zip which is working (for those who have mame0.84 roms). the jap alternative is for newer romsets owners: ex:0.128... can also use thnderxa and merge it in thunderx.zip)

No more comments about how to find roms. Sorry no PM (i received one), or try to ask older members. I just can say that with a mame 0.127 fullset i could rebuild all the games. only 1 had a bad crc but work. :lol:.

Edited by stf

all my existing lightgun games ( listed in another post on these boards ) worked, dont know if its my eyes but they appeared to run smoother and calibrate easier, armed with this new finding i just downloaded a couple of new lightgun roms ie jpark golly ghost op wolf 3 and a few more, these games used to have serious calibration issues to the point of sometimes only using half the screen, now however the seem to map the whole screen yet im still about an inch or so out in accuracy, will post more details after ive tested all of the games in the catver.ini ( supported list)

I sent a well calibrated nvram for opwolf 3, but maybe BP didn't include it. List the problems and corrections will be included in the next release. thanks cba.gy.

Edited by stf

I see looking at the new games list that playchoice gradius is being added,i could never launch the playchoice nes games in any version of mame for xbox.i can get as far as putting in the credits then i can never start the game.

is there a certain button combination you have to do to start it up?