--== CoinOPS IGNITE ==--

BritneysPAIRS

Since many cabs have a different control layout and it would be rough to have to redefine all the games with custom setups, why not add the ability to change button layouts.

Remap layout (or some other name) could be used to switch around the xbox controls. For example you could change X to Y and Y to RT, etc.

The default would be:

X -> X

Y -> Y

A -> A

B -> B

RT -> RT

LT -> LT

etc...

My layout is a six button street fighter. (It's a Quasicade cabinet)

RT.......X.....Y

WHITE.A.....B

I would then remap layout to the following:

RT -> X

X -> Y

Y -> RT

WHITE -> A

A -> B

B -> LT

etc...

This would seem to allow all the existing mappings to work while allowing people with different cab layouts to be accommodated.

Edited by Trig

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since many cabs have a different control layout and it would be rough to have to redefine all the games with custom setups, why not add the ability to change button layouts.

Remap layout (or some other name) could be used to switch around the xbox controls. For example you could change X to Y and Y to RT, etc.

The default would be:

X -> X

Y -> Y

Hey Trig, it's not a bad idea !!! Remap the buttons instead of using a new CFG folder is just excellent.

And nobody would have to reconfigurate all the 1250 games ( :) BP), and this would consider all the existing gamepads or arcade sets.

But is it easy to code ? ... wait to see what BP thinks about that !

Another Revamp of settings.....

New HIDDEN ADVANCED SETTINGS ADDED...... also an option to rotate all games for screens on there side. This is a hidden setting only for very few users as it will rotate all games (fixed from other builds as they rotated horzontal and vertical games oposite ways) but the keys will be on there side if you are looking at it on a 4x3 TV.

nope way to many buttons... way to complexed and room for alot of people mucking things up and questioning me

If the problem is simply having a GUI, could the layout mapping be stored in an ASCII ini file for easy hand editing?

A big draw of CoinOps for me is the amount of pre-config work that goes into each release. Deleting all the existing configuration simply because I have a different layout seems like a big step backwards.

Unless its a one click button I wont be doing it :) it needs to be thought about properlly... The idea is fine it needs to be very easy and an xml is painfull codingwise. I have hidden settings now for wierd options but it still not what id like to see in its present form

That's unfortunate, but I suppose as long as this project is effectively closed source there's not much I can do.

Keep up the good work and I'll look forward to new releases.

for the final time sources are out there.... or submit a patch I wont be releasing sources all the time as I consistantly am working on things. Also when ever I have no one does a single thing and they just waste my time. Prove yourself to me, patch mamedox with it and ill give you live sources to work with