BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Optimised CPS2 games so they look better and glitch less :clapping:

Great new ! is it ...

With HSF2 ??? :(

(subliminal message: beta for stf, beta for stf :clapping: )

Edited by stf

Optimised CPS2 games so they look better and glitch less :)

Hi, happy new year to everyone here :)

BP, i see you're making improvements on MameOx (like i'am doing but i won't say anymore,don't ask), will you decide one day to help the community with releasing sources of mameox ? (aka coin ops).

This is an open source project, everyone is suposed to access it.

You'll probably ask me if i want it by mail or other, but that's not the definition of open source.

What's your state of mind on it ?

The Source has been released to many, but ive updated since then, not sure how to make it truely open source maybe a sourceforge or something (i cant be arsed managing this stuff im open for people to help with the project in little ways to help me do the stuff I can). I have alot of source that I havent added to my build as well eg features that seem pointless and bloat but easy to add and HK has, so some may want it and can add it. Im no expert on drivers like you I just make the launcher rock and reskin and gui stuff. I have played with drivers and added a few myself :) it would be good to work with you Bender I know your skills in areas far exceed mine (IG is also very helpfull and ill be calling on stf and others to do some lower level stuff soon so I can optimes 100s more games) and you maybe surprised about what I can add. Source is fine my prob is keeping it up to date or how ever the source was released to many that asked for CoinOPS Gold but as I say ive added alot since then. MSN me it would be good if I can have yourstuff as well or we can release a build together im open for discussion I know from the past your a good guy with great skills maybe we have diff goals but maybe we dont and can make the best mame together for the public to enjoy

PS im currently 50percent though new screen roation code.... so it will rotate 90deg any game with cat of top down shooter and the keys will work like normal (for people that want to fill the screen on there TV but play it like normal) and also looking at Video support that is up for discussion at present as well

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Also ive been slow lately as my GF has taken up alot of time she is leaving back home in 1 week so ill have alot more free time. And bender if you tell me in secret what your doing and supply it I promise I wont spill it although I cant see why its a secret really and I wish you luch for sure :)

Well,

I'mnot asking you to release every sources you made @home (me too i have some useless or in dev' things), but when you release binaries, you have to release sources of them in way to respect open source project, like i did in the past and like kenshiro do with FBAX.

I know you have good skills to modify mame UI (User Interface), and have help from others to update drivers, but i'm not fan of that. I don't care about mame's nice looking, i'm only interested in technical way, to update many drivers and cps system + neogeo are big deal.

My goal for mameox is to (slowly, cause huge thing) update it close to mame 0.129 (for now).

That's my developement point.

Don't be sad, but i won't work with you, we have too differents points of view for mameOX.

You're doing great job in skinning by the way, and i won't deny that.

I think this sentence say all.. "im open for people to help with the project in little ways to help me do the stuff I can"

Good luck for next coinops.

the source for coinops was released at same time on same ftp by me it was up to others what they gave out and they didnt do a good job id say most have the last BETA which was really close and bug free. I guess the source never makes it to torrents etc but people have it. PS you really should fix screen tearing in your build cps2 game are quite effected by it at times

Are you working on any other drivers like golden axe 2 driver update?

or Galaxy force / power drift driver if so I to am looking at that and any help would be great

and or any other games that are buggy or dont play, I also have prelim code for dual launcher so games like MK etc run in .72 core not .78 core for speed

Edited by BritneysPAIRS