PSX

Krosigrim

Oooooh yea... It works... IT WORKS!!!!!!

My pc is old so I am limited on what I can do. But now I have set up my first initial run with ePSXe. I got the basic plugins as I just wanted to make sure the damn thing runs. Screen was about 1/4 though. My next step is finding the balance for great gaming. Hopefully that means full screen with no slowdown. I guess I'll grab a few more graphic plugins and see what this thing can do!

So yea... finally got Star Ocean Second Story. I'll be downloading like a maniac... But I know in time... I will probably hunt down and buy all the games I really like. It is going to be an undertaking... as the games are getting dated.

So yea... guess I'll peruse the threads here and see some recommendations for games... those of course ... that I have long forgotten.

Use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin for best result as well as SPU Eternal 1.50 Beta 2 (I think).

Note that Star Ocean 2 probably has a badly garbled title screen, but it goes away after you visit Options and come back.

Use Pete's OpenGL2 plugin for best result as well as SPU Eternal 1.50 Beta 2 (I think).

Note that Star Ocean 2 probably has a badly garbled title screen, but it goes away after you visit Options and come back.

Sweet. I downloaded a ton of plugins last night... I seem to remember OpenGL2 but I'm uncertain which version... I remember having an error that included the message... unable to locate... (something) and it closed out. I'll look again and see what I can do. Thanks Agozer.

And yea Fu... I havent seen an actual ISO for any PS1 games... they all seem to be in .img format. You musta been reading about how I was trying to convert into ISO... lol. On ePSXe it appearently can read ISO too but as to which works better on ePSXe has yet to be seen. .img works just fine.

Edited by Belthasar

Well I'm getting the same results from other drivers. Pete's 3d3 driver and so on... It laggs in the same places... I am wondering. Is it because mt pc is old.?. or is it because this is an emulation. You see cart type emulation runs perfectly fine. This is my first running disk based... and it's not perfect. Just thinking...

If the OpenGL2 plugin can't find the render-to-texture extension, that usually mens that your video card is old and doesn't support certain advanced OpenGL functions. PSX emulation with the most bell-and whistles enabled (i.e. most accurate emulation of the quicks found in the PSX graphics chip and co.) need a fairly beefy computer with a 2003-ish video card that properly supports OpenGL 2.0 (ATI Radeon 96(7)00 and up + equivalents).

Of course, older versions of Pete's OpenGL plugin (especially the older non-OGL2 plugin), P.e.O.p.S Soft and Direct3D plugins work better with older graphics hardware.

Alright... thanks for the info...

Of course, older versions of Pete's OpenGL plugin (especially the older non-OGL2 plugin), P.e.O.p.S Soft and Direct3D plugins work better with older graphics hardware.

Indeed id does.

Not sure if I saw one with that in the name... perhaps I have one but it's called something else.

Well for whats it's worth... it runs fine considering.

Now my next step... is to get this "unecm"