Converting to ISO

Krosigrim

You need to unpack the ECM, as it's a compressed format of sorts. Then you get the "proper" disc image file. Then you can mount it just fine.

Why do you want to convert it to ISO anyway? For burning?

PROTIP: Google for 'unecm'.

You need to unpack the ECM, as it's a compressed format of sorts. Then you get the "proper" disc image file. Then you can mount it just fine.

Why do you want to convert it to ISO anyway? For burning?

PROTIP: Google for 'unecm'.

Ahhhh I saw "unecm" but they were vague on what the hell it was... on top of that... once I got to this info... I already found another copy. The reason I wanted to convert into ISO... heh... was that it didn't mount, and I thought that my Daemon could only mount ISO's. Laugh all you want guys... how the hell was I supposed to know any different... So the new .img mounted fine.

What game is it??

Star Ocean :Second Story... I havent played that game... in a very very long time. ;)

its in rar ?

you right click and choose extract here.

alcohol 120 is suppose to burn all image files.

I did extract it... like Agozer said... I needed to unecm the .img to actually play it.. its like a secondary compression of sorts. I didn't know this when I posted all this... I thought I had to convert... but... I was verrrrrry wrong and ate up an entire evening learning the hard way.

You should always mount either CCDs or CUEs instead of the actual image files (unless we're talking about the plain ISO format) since some games contain more than one track of audio and/or data, so just mounting an image file only nets you the data on the first track.

CUE and CCD files are information files and complement the actual disc image, telling what kind of a data structure the disc has and how it should be dealt with.

• 2 months later...