Converting to ISO

Krosigrim

Well I've been grabbing the pieces for psx emulation. Currently I am converting .rar into ISO. I know my pc is slow... but damn, this is taking forever. I'm using winrar of course, but is there some other way to do this? I downloaded a game, the first disk rather, and it was separated into 3 types of files. CCD ECM & SUB. Doing alittle research, I saw that you just convert it into ISO from WINRAR. I found the option for conversion, and am currently doing so.

I'm pretty confident this is the route to take, but is there any other things I might consider? I am new to ISO's for the most part. I have only used a few. And when I found them, they were already ISO format. I have Daemon v4.1, I believe it is a lite version. Considering I only used a basic mounter... is there anything this noob might consider?

Hands on... it's the only way to learn.

I notticed that in the options, it had a selection for folder to send the converted files to. Well I selected it this time... and trying again... but my question remains... where the hell did my original ISO conversion go? Is there a default place things of this nature go? I remember long ago I found a folder that contained a copy of everything I ever extracted. Is there a folder like that? A default folder where one might find files that had no particular destination or lost files... and maybe 30 years of socks?

If so I want to know... as I don't want wasted disk space... as I only have 2 -40 GB HDD's. Already down to 10.5 on my main... gotta do some cleaning... and miscellaneous files need to be trashed.

So... anyone have some insight?

Well this whole thread is going to be me popping a blood vessel. I guess I'll archive all my mistakes so someone in my situation in the future... may learn from them.

Winrar/ Tools/ Convert Archives/

Now to the right, it says archive types. rar(1) is selected, and shows my game. Twice have I chose this and also ISO. I thought it would well... convert. NO!!! (YEA YEA now looking at this... I am a moron) When I uncheck rar(1) the game disappears from the left selection window. So I am to understand that this selects the file type to be converted only... which means that this conversion option only converts... TO .RAR!!!!

WTF!!!!

I never considered that it only converted to .RAR... that and... the instruction I read said to simply do this... either he was wrong... or on top of being ignorant... I'm stupid too... LOL

OK. I am reading lots and lots of bullsh!t. I cannot find the answer, as I must not know how to ask the proper question...

So just in case I cannot find the answer anytime soon... I'll state where I am at here... in case someone happens upon this thread quicker than I can find the info.

DL a game last night. (1st disk). It is in .rar format. When I open it... it is not an ISO, it's 3 seperate files. CCD ECM and SUB. Trying to find out how to make these into an ISO.

Sounds easy enough to find an answer... but all I find is lose ends and commands for linux. Apparently I am not asking the right questions.

Back to the endless searching until I actually know what the hell I am looking at...

Don't go popping blood vessels, please.

Use Explorer and do a search of your hard drive if you think you lost something.

It might even be in the Recycle bin.

Nono... turns out I was converting .rar into .rar..... At least thats what I think I did lol. There was no selections for what you want to convert to. Therefore I believe that it only converts into .rar.

When I chose to convert the .rar, I chose the folder the unzipped .rar was in. When it was done... there was a .rar in the folder too. Thats when it hit me. The realization that I have no idea what the hell I am doing.

Upon further searching... it appears that I am out of luck. Apparently I should just search again and hopefully find an actual ISO. But this doesn't make sense...

I am missing something basic. Tack it up to noobism. At this rate... I'll never get this game going...

Well thanks anyway Robert. Turns out... I was chasing the wrong tail. Upon further examination I noticed the ecm file was actually an img.ecm. Furthermore, It was either corrupt, or my Daemon cannot mount it for whatever reason. I have found what I was looking for... and lay this converting business to rest.