GDI assistance

I've been using CDI self boots successfully but am led to believe GDI is better.

I was wondering if there was a guide as to how to play GDI games. I use a front end and my cdi gamesload up directly from within the front end and I want to be able to do the same with GDI.

I notice GDI comes with other files e.g. track 01, raw 02, track 03. What do I do with these? etc etc

Any help much appreciated.

its not better just a different format. if your CDIs are working fine I see no reason to go to the trouble of converting.

GDI isn't self boot it's an unmodified rip from a dream cast dev kit. I don't even think you can burn a gdi with out special hardware and software.

its not better just a different format. if your CDIs are working fine I see no reason to go to the trouble of converting.

GDI isn't self boot it's an unmodified rip from a dream cast dev kit. I don't even think you can burn a gdi with out special hardware and software.

Ok thanks.

Can I just ask you... what happens with 2 cd CDI's / games? Is it possible to automate the disk swap procedure?

AFAIK, emulators like nullDC for example, can swap disc images on the fly just fine. I don't think the format of the image matters as long as they are recognized by the emulator. Having said that, I still prefer "normal" disc image formats over GDI, for fairly obvious reasons.