Neo Geo v emulation

Neo-Geo emulation has more or less reached the point of perfection. Of course, rarely will an emulator beat the real thing, but seeing how pricey the actual Neo-Geo and its games can be, you'll be donating all your internal organs to get enough money to buy the console and the games that really matter. Not to mention that some games are very rare, and those cost even more.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, if I were to invest any sort of money into a NeoGeo system, I would make it an MVS. Both the systems and games are generally cheaper (I just saw a Garou: Mark of the Wolves for AES go for $780 on eBay). Also, it has its own, genuine, arcade joystick and display.

It's a shame that AES didn't really hit it off in The States; it would be an excellent alternative to having a stand-up MVS, if not for the collector's price.

Would posting a link to an eBay or Amazon page be in violation of the non-commercial post policy, by the way?

Edited by NameUser

Whenh I was a neo -geo nut I wanted a cab MVS , mark of the wolves, rage of the dragons metal slugs...

Just to have it. I never did buy it though, i was going to get a 6 slot Mvs.

Is it an MVS?

Been a while.

Whenh I was a neo -geo nut I wanted a cab MVS , mark of the wolves, rage of the dragons metal slugs...

Just to have it. I never did buy it though, i was going to get a 6 slot Mvs.

Is it an MVS?

Been a while.

Yes, MVS is the Neo Geo cabinet. I once found a one or two slot MVS on eBay for $100 (some youth center in Texas was getting rid of it). So, I'm sure if you shop around, you'll be able get a good deal on one. Heck, even if it's just a motherboard, you can make your own cabinet. Nothing like that red, monolithic homage to nostalgia, though.