Computer Keeps Freezing!

razydude

sorry but im kinda new to this sort of stuff and i have no idea wat i was supposed to look for in the link u provided....does any of this help?

Operating System System Model

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600) MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6580 10A

Processor a Main Circuit Board b

1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

8 kilobyte primary memory cache

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: MICRO-STAR INC. MS-6580 10A

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V1.2 05/20/2002

Drives Memory Modules c,d

30.74 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

4.91 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

AU5053Y ESQ608N SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S [CD-ROM drive]

Maxtor 2F030J1 [Hard drive] (30.75 GB) -- drive 0, s/n F10880BE, rev VAM51JJ0, SMART Status: Healthy 1016 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 512 MB

Slot '1' has 512 MB

Slot '2' is Empty

Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 30.74 GB 4.91 GB free

Controllers Display

Standard floppy disk controller

Intel® 82801DB Ultra ATA Controller

Primary IDE Channel [Controller]

Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller [Display adapter]

COMPAQ FS740 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, March 2001)

Bus Adapters Multimedia

SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller - 24CD

Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C2

Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C4

Intel® 82801DB/DBM USB Universal Host Controller - 24C7 MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device

Realtek AC'97 Audio

Standard Game Port

Your driver version is newer than what Intel even has, so I would assume you're somehow using an incorrect driver (Maybe for a slightly newer chipset), or Intel just goofed on an INF file.

Install this - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.as...e=&lang=eng

and this - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.as...e=&lang=eng

alright just finished installing...so what should i do know?...play for a while and see if it still freezes?...by the way i strongly appreciate the help ive been tryin to fix this for a while but i could never find an answer....hopefully until now :)

ok heres the deal... lately ive been playing secret of the solstice and while im playing my computer suddenly crashes. it just shows wierd colors and i have to force a shutdown... it happens with a lot of other games too can anyone please help and tell me wat i gotta do....thanx

Name Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_58081462&REV_01\3&13C0B0C5&0&10

Adapter Type Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller, Intel Corporation compatible

Adapter Description Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Adapter RAM 64.00 MB (67,108,864 bytes)

Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll

Driver Version 6.14.10.4342

INF File oem43.inf (i845G section)

Color Planes 1

Color Table Entries 4294967296

Resolution 1152 x 864 x 75 hertz

Bits/Pixel 32

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF

Memory Address 0xDFF80000-0xDFFFFFFF

IRQ Channel IRQ 16

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys (6.14.10.4342, 789.06 KB (807,998 bytes), 10/2/2007 10:14 PM)

Could be more than just ones video card...or drivers..could be faulty memory..find a copy of knoppix or any other bootable live cd that has memtest32..also try disabling agp fast writes in your boot-up bios if thats an option..also looking up information regarding your motherboard..try installing intels mobo drivers off their website...while your at it google for your problem and include your mainboard/graphics chip..and lastly check for bios updates for your mainboard..and be very careful with this..however read the changelogs on the bios updates that are available and see if your issue is mentioned...Good Luck

i thought id try out wat u said...but i have no idea where to start...could u give me links,instructions,etc? plz if theres a way of fixing this without having to buy anything i just gotta know...

i looked at my graphics card report while playin and saw that the "graphics memory in use" kept going up....i quit the game just as it got to 63mb i figured it would crash as soon as it reached 64mb which is the maximum....i know pretty crappy but its all i got....any way of slowing this down or increasing the maximum graphics memory...again without buying anything?

INTEL® EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORT

Report Date: 11/28/2008

Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 09:32:49

Driver Version: 6.14.10.4342

Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Default Language: English

DirectX* Version: 9.0

Physical Memory: 1015 MB

Min. Graphics Memory: 8 MB

Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB

Graphics Memory in use: 63 MB

Processor: x86

Processor Speed: 1804 MHZ

Edited by razydude

It's not going to crash because of that. The program will know these details. The min/max is what the chipset is capable of using, as it uses your RAM as it's memory (Shared memory). You've currently got it set to the MAX (This would be set in the BIOS).

All I can suggest if this is still happening, is to format and re-install Windows or update your bios. I noticed in one of the board BIOS pages that Bios version 1.5 updates the video bios to a newer version. This may address your issue, it may not.

You will have to make 100% sure your exact motherboard model though, in which case you'll need to open your case and look for that on the motherboard.

where can i update the bios and how can i get into the bios settings

Depends on the board, you'll have to do what I already instructed you to, find the EXACT model number.

Then download the bios from MSI's site for the right board, and follow their instructions.

ehhhh.... i think im gonna call it quits....i think ill just go out there and buy a new computer preferably a laptop....any suggestions on a cheap computer under $300 if possible that meets at least these specs

OS Windows XP / Vista

CPU Pentium4 1.0Ghz

RAM 256M

Graphic Nvidia Geforce MX or equivalent

OpenGL ver1.2 or higher

DirectX Direct 9.0c