American's animation potential

Shoma

NOw as we all know, for those who watch cartoons, Im sure our favs are either Anime or somehow connected with Japan's style or reference with a few exceptions(Marvel, DC.. etc.)

I pose to think that America has the potential to excel in the animation business in other levels than just comedy, which doesn't take tha much effort in comparison.

I saw this special on TV about Anime which basically said, "Anime is really cool, its the future and we all should just jump onboard!"

I dunno, It looks Anime makers go all out with their cartoons, and what do we have?

6Teen? Jonny Test!? Even as far as the theme songs for the cartoons, it seems we jus put a band together, make 5min lyrics and just shove it on the air. "JONNY TEST! YEAH!"

BUt I cant even understand Japanese and their music is always jamming on either intro or ending.

Im not hating nor putting down, but I think we kinda just got comfortable making kiddie/comedic cartoons while across the world makes all the mature/fighting toons!

I could be wrong on things i said, but hey, that's just been pricking my mind every time i watch an anime and then flip to Cartoon Network....

(Still love anime, baby)

Edited by Shoma

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no and no! 99% of Anime is a horrible abomination and should be banned from TV over here.

There's nothing "Mature" or even "Cool" about Naruto, Dragonball Z or any of the other garbage that comes out of Japan.

I'm not saying today's NA cartoons are good, but all this crappy anime is what is making them bad. Cartoons over here no longer have any edge to them, their just mindless retardation..........and so is anime.

No no and no! 99% of Anime is a horrible abomination and should be banned from TV over here.

There's nothing "Mature" or even "Cool" about Naruto, Dragonball Z or any of the other garbage that comes out of Japan.

I'm not saying today's NA cartoons are good, but all this crappy anime is what is making them bad. Cartoons over here no longer have any edge to them, their just mindless retardation..........and so is anime.

SO u lost hope in cartoons altogether?

*takes hat off*

Edited by Shoma

Pretty much, I can't stand watching today's cartoons. Crap like Aqua Teen Hunger Force........who comes up with this $hit?

YTV and Nick for instance, EVERY cartoon they have requires that you possess an IQ BELOW 80, otherwise your brain might catch on fire from repeated "WTF"

I watch stuff like Family Guy, but that's not exactly a cartoon suitable for kids. And even it sometimes makes me go "WTF.......enough already"

Justice League is still cool to me!

HAve you seen the fight between Captain Marvel and Superman!?

OMG, i think Justice League was the last of America's awesome action toons!

...........................SHAZAAAAM!

Pretty much, I can't stand watching today's cartoons. Crap like Aqua Teen Hunger Force........who comes up with this $hit?

YTV and Nick for instance, EVERY cartoon they have requires that you possess an IQ BELOW 80, otherwise your brain might catch on fire from repeated "WTF"

I watch stuff like Family Guy, but that's not exactly a cartoon suitable for kids. And even it sometimes makes me go "WTF.......enough already"

Wtf?

While I would agree that most new cartoon's are just pile's of crap stacked up on another, don't stick good anime in the same category, and don't stick genius like ATHF in there either.

I enjoy a lot of what you seem to have lost hope for, my IQ is certainly way higher then most people, and I get it.

While talking about cartoon's for kids, wouldn't it be logical however to dumb it down to the general audience considering most schools now-in-days don't teach sh!t? It'll be a intelligent choice to make stupid sh!t the "cool" in my eyes.

anime is crap, white kids (or mexican. black whatever. Lets say non asian) who wish so hard they were Japanese and eat up all that anime and hentai and crap are retards.

Nurato is dumb, pokie tastes like sh!t and Final Fantasy VII is not a very good game.

anime is crap, white kids (or mexican. black whatever. Lets say non asian) who wish so hard they were Japanese and eat up all that anime and hentai and crap are retards.

Nurato is dumb, pokie tastes like sh!t and Final Fantasy VII is not a very good game.

Japan.........Otakus.............OWNED!!(Even if i disagree with your first statement)

Naruto just lacked the depth behind the main charadter!

Im a outcast, no one liked me, so Im gonna prove to everyone that im worth something!!! GAy..

ROck Lee's simple life foal by showing that you can be a genius of hard work VS natural genius has more power behind it than NAruto's.

SOul Eater is looking pretty cool!

.....Im gonna buy the JL series now...

Edited by Shoma

I just watched the episode "Superman Vs Capt. Marvel"

And wow!

THats the good ol stuff BABY!!!!

I realized that they're making superman into kinda a douche. HE was hatin on the hero from the beginning...

But without all the cool names and super moves, (jus da simple stuff) it was awesome.