My Wishlist

Krosigrim

Soon enough I will finally have my 360. ( that is my wish ) So I am doing my research.

360 $300

60 GB

Off White

360 Elite $400

120 GB

HDMI Cable

Black (yeaaaa)

Looks like I'll get a couple of games with either. Kung Foo Panda and Lego Indiana Jones ... Meh

100 extra dollars. Double the Harddrive. HDMI Cable. AND well... it's black, thats hot. I suppose that is worth it. Now I, like all of us, play alot of games... but is 120 GB even worth it? How much DLC can one man have? I know I'll put on a decent selection of music too. What else... Marketplace games go on the HD as well right... Themes... what else am I forgetting or missing. I wonder if 120 GB will actually be beneficial to me.

I imagine everything 360 manufactured as of now has the falcon chipset. Anyone here have the Falcon Chipset? Any issues? A couple of my friends have 'em, and they have had no problems. All my other friends have refurbished 360's.

Games. Ohhhhhh since I am on a limited income. I can only get the most sought after.

Gears 2

Fallout 3

Soul Calibur 4

Since I'm broke... I'll have to leave it at that for awhile.

I'm seeing 1 year Gold membership at $38 but usually $50

I'll have to hold off on wireless... $99 bucks is kinda steep for me now.

So what do you guys think? In the longrun 120 GB will work out. HDMI Cables and the sucker is black. Sounds like a solid choice.

$460 if I don't get a gold right off and one game. In that case, not having gold, Id get Fallout 3.

I'm really thinking about getting this Elite now. But I'm still not sold. it's been a long time coming. I need a 360. Not having one is practically shameful.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games... lets see.

Gears 2

Fallout 3

Soul Calibur 4

Geometry Wars 2

SFHD Remix

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Castle Crashers

Armored Core 4 and (whatever the new one will be called)

drawing a blank... help me out. What else do I want...

you wan this when it gets a us localisation.rumour is its going to happen.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GF3hPkxtcdY&...feature=related

and this on xbla.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UfdcKmwB7q0

and this on xbla

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T0lvG2CsjRQ&...feature=related

Excellent Fumanchu. Awesome possibility. Thanks

Edited by Belthasar

i would go with a 120gb hdd,with the new dash you can burn your games to the hdd.decreased loading times and apparently some games are supposed to look slightly sharper.

you should maybe checkout the orange box as well,gotta love that portal.

$100 bucks for 60 more gigs and black plastic isn't really worth it IMO, use the extra 100 for another game and a spare controller.

i would go with a 120gb hdd,with the new dash you can burn your games to the hdd.decreased loading times and apparently some games are supposed to look slightly sharper.

you should maybe checkout the orange box as well,gotta love that portal.

$100 bucks for 60 more gigs and black plastic isn't really worth it IMO, use the extra 100 for another game and a spare controller.

Excellent... more information to ponder. Both of you bring up valid points. I'll have to really consider this further.

and grab one of those dual battery chargers, I nyko makes em, 30 bucks for a dual charger and 2 batteries. the best money I ever spent on an accessory. I got it at walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5607966

all new 360's are HDMI, only the elite comes with a cable though I think. HDMI is just another copy protection scheme anyways, I see no difference picture wise.

and grab one of those dual battery chargers, I nyko makes em, 30 bucks for a dual charger and 2 batteries. the best money I ever spent on an accessory. I got it at walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5607966

Indeed. I planned on it, just forgot to write about that too. Thanks though. I can't imagine why some would not buy the battery packs... I have a friend who just doesn't buy them. The weirdest kinda cheap guy. Cheap and lazy. If he would just buy them, heed save some coin. And saving money is why he didn't buy them in the first place... not the brightest guy.

Installing games to the HDD is a nice feature of the NXE. As inky said, all new 360s come with a HDMI port anyway, so really the extra $100 buys you 60GB and an HDMI cable. A 60GB drive gives enough space to install 6-7 games, and if that's enough, then I'd pass on the Elite.

With the money I saved I bought an MS battery pack and a spare controller.

I should be getting a free 360 soon, or for $100. Depends if my friends warranty is still valid.

He up and bought another one without finding out if his warranty still applied, told me if he can't send it to MS I can have it for free. Has RROD, but I'm quite confident I can fix it.

I won't buy a console for over the $199 price point, and the 360 Arcade is a ripoff so it doesn't count.

Now I really don't mind loading screens too much. I suppose it would come in handy for games like Fallout 3 though. Has anyone here installed a game yet? How are you liking it?

Ahhhh just did alittle research. Source: Kotaku

Turns out installing a game to your HDD does little for a game that wasn't coded to take advantage of one in the first place.
So I'm looking at a few games load time tests from other sites. Looks like in game loading on current games only saves a few seconds. Apparently, installing mainly improves startup time and the noise from the disk spinning so much. Game Spot
Getting Orange Box from the dashboard to the game's start menu took 30 seconds when playing from disc, but only 25 seconds when launched from the hard drive. Command & Conquer 3's game launch time improved the most, dropping from 33 seconds to 17 seconds. NBA Live 09 only improved by 8 seconds, going from 45 seconds to 37 seconds. The Force Unleashed yielded a larger percentage drop, going from 33 seconds to 25 seconds.
All the load times in game were extremely nominal. Perhaps a few seconds. And who knows what games are actually taking advantage of this functionality. I can assume it will get better, but is a few seconds here and there worth it?
The main hard drive installation benefit will be reduced noise from not having the optical drive spin up. : Albert Penello; Director of Marketing
Noise? I don't give a damn about the noise. I've heard it, and now I don't even notice it.

Other than that ( with the limited game functionality in mind )... I cannot for the life of me think of how else I would fill up the HDD. OK... Say I install Fallout 3... and I play the sh!t out of it. Then down the road I start installing other games and I begin to run out of space. So I uninstall Fallout 3. Rinse and repeat... What if I begin to make a mess of my HDD. I assume there is no defragment function lol. If I am installing/uninstalling over time, will I make swiss cheese out of my hard drive?

I am like the only Guy I know who doesn't b!tch about loading screens. I am patent. But say I install games. I do play alot of games. How much time can I really save? Installing a game takes some time. 6 - 10 min. I could go do something else. But on a daily basis... What do I save... 2 min? Id say I have sat through well over a month of load time in my days as a gamer. (I'm 30) is saving 2 min a day worth 100 dollars... Hmmmmm

I am like the only Guy I know who doesn't b!tch about loading screens. I am patent. But say I install games. I do play alot of games. How much time can I really save? Installing a game takes some time. 6 - 10 min. I could go do something else. But on a daily basis... What do I save... 2 min? Id say I have sat through well over a month of load time in my days as a gamer. (I'm 30) is saving 2 min a day worth 100 dollars... Hmmmmm

I think there was supposed to be some in game benefits to an HDD install too, ie slightly smoother framerate etc. I may be off the mark on this one. Once games start making use of the HDD installs then I'm guessing they will be like the PS3 ones, ie only a gig or two, just to take the pressure off the DVD drive.

Installing games to the HDD does also help with the pirates and their not-so-great burns, so games which were say burnt too quickly may have bad popup/loading issues, similar to what a lot of us heard around the time of GTA4. Well installing the game to the HDD will rectify that problem.

I still say stick to the 60GB. Even most DLC and arcade games are in the 10s of MB so you will always have more than enough space with a 60.