HEELPP DVD BURNER HELLLPP

Trixx_07

My dvd burner is showing up as a dvd burner but when i put in the cd it says its a normal cd. is it some sorta file on my pc flocked or something? iv tried a diff burner not the problem. n when i even try to burn it as a normal cd it says its full :S.... its it like driver problems or something?

Are you possibly using a CD-R on a CD+R drive or CD+R on CD-R?

No such thing as a CD+R.

Nooo man its a DVD drive i put in a DVD+R to burn a movie file. and its saying its CD n then when i click burn its saying its Full

It's likely that the drive doesn't like the media and can't use it properly. Does it do this will all DVDs? Try updating your firmware as these usually include additional media types to improve the scope of your burner. Also, try to stick to DVD-R instead of +R whenever possible.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has been resolved, he brought it to my house (Where I gave it a thorough wiping).

The problem is Windows itself doesn't see the drive as a burner, burning software will (should) though.

He was trying to use the built in Burning in Windows for file archiving. I haven't heard from him since he was here, so I'd imagine the issue truly is resolved.

OP is my brother FYI

don't use the windows burning software for anything....

there are plenty of FREE, GOOD burning programs out there.

I use imgburn for just about everything these days.

don't use the windows burning software for anything....

there are plenty of FREE, GOOD burning programs out there.

I use imgburn for just about everything these days.

Yeah i started using Nero. so it solved all problems. and Imtoo Converters all work still.