Dolphin SVN Release and Discussion Thread.

As you know with Dolphin going open source there are now several new people jumping aboard and contributing to the development of this emulator. Besides new members of the development team contributing fixes and addition of new features, there are those who graciously provide pre-compiled builds for those who don't have access to Visual Studio or just want the latest revision without the hassle of compiling. I have listed some users providing builds below including myself, posted general information and links to obtain the latest DirectX redistributable/runtimes.

Daco: http://www.nyleveia.com/daco/

Xtreme2damax: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/index.php?autom...t&cat_id=20

Xtreme2damax's Skydrive Mirror: http://cid-b8ece3275d590dda.skydrive.live.....Public/Dolphin

I'll be adding a link in my signature where these builds I compile can be downloaded from.

If you find one mirror/site is outdated, there is a good chance another mirror/site will have an up to date revision.

As for the Linux builds, I'd advise not to download pre-compiled and compile them yourself.

Due to the nature of Linux and the array of different distros, configurations kernal versions, it is likely pre-compiled builds may not work on some or most Linux boxes.

Also you may need to update your DirectX if you are having problems or receiving errors loading the DirectX video plugin and the PadSimple plugin.

You can find the latest DirectX redistributable at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Some games require OptimizeQuantizers to be set to False or else graphical/geometry issues occur.

Three of the known games that Require OptimizeQuantizers to be set to False are Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 4, and Starfox Assault.

At the moment of this post, I have uploaded revision 1210. I include a Readme and FAQ typed out by me with all of my builds on common problems and solutions with Dolphin and important links.

If anyone wants me to make them a cheat file/ini for a game they wish to cheat in, I would be glad to do so. If you wish me to create one for you, you can contact me via a private message. :thumbsup1:

edit by Robert: fixed Omegadox link

Edited by Xtreme2damax

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just uploaded revision 1220, I have got plenty of bandwidth and web space, I so may well put them to good use, I got Visual Studio 2008 for free from university. :lol:

Link Removed!

Note: I don't the url myself, so I will change that later!

Edited by Hexter

Thanks Hexter. B)

This emulator is progressing quite nicely, in addition to partially sound Gamecube emulation, we now got patially working Wii emulation as an added bonus.

You can actually now use the Wii mote with Dolphin or emulate it. :lol:

Edited by Xtreme2damax

btw, are you a beta tester or a release buider or actually one coders currently working on the source?

If you were referring to me, then no. All I do is compile/mirror and host the builds. The Dolphin team including ector gave permission to do this as he posted it in a thread at Ngemu.

Yes, we made sure we had permission before distrubuting builds. :lol:

However to name a couple people contributing to coding for Dolphin and have joined in after the project went open source, Omegadox and Daco are the go to people. B)

Anyways I just continually provide updated builds, so that way if no one else has the latest build and they don't feel like messing with VS2008 to compile it themselves, the can just download a pre-compiled build.

I'm just there in case others get tired of providing updated builds or can't for some reason. Unfortunately as much as I'd like to contribute to Dolphin, it's difficult for me to as I am not too knowledgeable in coding let alone emulation...

However I am trying to learn coding and reading some emulation documentations such as YAGD so I can better understand and hopefully contribute to the project. I've also tried tinkering around with the Dolphin source, however none of the builds I provided contained the modified code as it was essentially non-working.

I opened this thread for purely informational purposes and for discussions pertaining to the SVN builds of Dolphin as many of the other websites have an SVN Discussion thread and I saw this forum lacked one.

Edited by Xtreme2damax

Well I can provide an separate FAQ for my blog to explain my position on Dolphin, I'll do that later when I have the time.

I have just uploaded revision 1227 Link Removed

I have also provided an RSS feed for convenience Link Removed

Edited by Hexter

• 2 weeks later...

I just uploaded revision 1400 x86 and x64 builds, as usual you can grab them here

Sorry I haven't been compiling and uploading any builds in the last week or so, I was a bit busy. :thumbsup1:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got Revision 1523 x86 and x64 uploaded here, as usual the link can also be found in my signature.

Don't be alarmed that builds are few and far in between from me, I've just been a bit busy with other things in my life.

• 1 month later...

I haven't announced any new builds in a while, so I'd like to announce that I've compiled revision 2124. You may download revision 2124 x86 and x64 here.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Xtreme :P

I guess you can also add: http://www.jaaku.net/omegadox/DolphinWx/ to your post.

I see ector now changed DolphinWx to plain Dolphin, so I got to remember to remove the Wx :P

Lol, I didn't happen to look at this thread again until today and saw you registered here and posted in this thread. Added the link to my first post under your other link..

Welcome to 1emulation Omegadox, you and me just seem to be all over. :P

Are you registered at Dcemu yet? :peopleseybrow: