New XBOX Live Ban Wave with Custom Firmwares!

Alpha

Whoa, are you saying that if my console was banned, I would lose my Shivering Isle DLC?!? O_o NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Is it going to affect the downloaded songs for GHWT, Vader for SCIV too?!? :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, are you saying that if my console was banned, I would lose my Shivering Isle DLC?!? O_o NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

if you can access it now disconnected from live you should be fine.

if you can access it now disconnected from live you should be fine.

Phew. Yes, they all work disconnected.

I have been banned too.

My connection codes are........

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 00A8 - 6820

Z: 8015 - 190D

Oh well....at least i have the new dash installed.I can still save games onto my 120gb HDD.

I was really looking forward to downloading super street fighter 2 turbo HD remix next week.

But i will just have to wait for street fighter IV now or buy an arcade pack.Since i have a spare 20gb HDD anyway.

Anybody know if M$ will add their full install for the new dash on the xbox 360 site?

I mean the full install with the avataar feature and divx codecs?

Edited by SF2MJ

being banned is sorta bumming me out. I've been looking forward to SFIIHD for so long now.... SFIV will have to do I guess, but thats still 3 or more months away.

Anybody know if M$ will add their full install for the new dash on the xbox 360 site?

The full NXE has been uploaded to various places but it won't have the divx codecs, that is gone forever for you it seems. If you know someone with the NXE installed then you can just remove their HDD and attach it to your 360, then it will prompt you to update. You can set up the avatar too if you want on your friend's 360 then transfer the HDD over.

What's the point in the avatars if you can't go on Live anyway? Or more to the point, what's the point of the avatars altogether?

The full NXE has been uploaded to various places but it won't have the divx codecs, that is gone forever for you it seems. If you know someone with the NXE installed then you can just remove their HDD and attach it to your 360, then it will prompt you to update. You can set up the avatar too if you want on your friend's 360 then transfer the HDD over.

What's the point in the avatars if you can't go on Live anyway? Or more to the point, what's the point of the avatars altogether?

I took my HDD to my nephews and did an avatar over there, but on my 360 it still comes up as a shadow and says I need to download the update..

I took my HDD to my nephews and did an avatar over there, but on my 360 it still comes up as a shadow and says I need to download the update..

I read on X-S that this was possible too. They are very limited anyway. The NXE was all about being able to install the games to HDD for me. It is a better dash overall I guess. Still can't even queue up video files though? Wtf?

I'm going back to tversity to transcode my files on the fly. like I used to do it before avi support. my wired/wireless network is being a biatch though, half the time my xbox will see the computer but be unable to connect to the files.

one of teh guys I work with is willing to buy my banned box and some games for $250. He is fully aware of the ban but he doesn't care. I don't know if I'll do it though, I'd still need to pony another 50 plus tax for a new one and I know damn well I'll end up modding it again perhaps getting caught on the next banwagon. I'll have to look up how easy the newest drives are to mod....... and maybe stop playing pre-release review copies. :thumbsup1:

one of teh guys I work with is willing to buy my banned box and some games for $250. He is fully aware of the ban but he doesn't care. I don't know if I'll do it though, I'd still need to pony another 50 plus tax for a new one and I know damn well I'll end up modding it again perhaps getting caught on the next banwagon. I'll have to look up how easy the newest drives are to mod....... and maybe stop playing pre-release review copies. :thumbsup1:

Maybe an extra $50, but think of the small fortune you have saved on games, not to mention all the fun you had playing backups online. The ban waves seem to be annual, so if you get another year for $50 I'd jump at it.