Things i'm sick of

Dehstil

First and foremost I don't like the way MSN is going. They have made absolutely everything web-based. I think they want to spy on me because messenger wants to log all my conversations and they almost tricked me into allowing them to monitor all my online activity with the title "Help Us Make MSN Better". Starnge enough, when I upgraded to MSN 8, my MSN dial-up kept dissconecting for innactivity. I found some registry keys under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer

that turned off the prompt for dissconecting for inactivity. Now it dissconects without warning. They shortened the inactivity time by 10 minutes. These keys probably did what they did before MSN 8 but weren't set before. Now, with the upgrade somewhere it sets these keys everytime MSN runs. THey force me to run the MSN software in order to connect now because they disabled me using a plain DUN. I have much more things to say but I have to get off the computer now

PS: How do I cancel my account on these forums? I'm not very active.

First and foremost I don't like the way MSN is going.  They have made absolutely everything web-based.  I think they want to spy on me because messenger wants to log all my conversations and they almost tricked me into allowing them to monitor all my online activity with the title "Help Us Make MSN Better".  Starnge enough, when I upgraded to MSN 8, my MSN dial-up kept dissconecting for innactivity.  I found some registry keys under HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\RemoteAccess\Profile\MSN Explorer

that turned off the prompt for dissconecting for inactivity.  Now it dissconects without warning.  They shortened the inactivity time by 10 minutes.  These keys probably did what they did before MSN 8 but weren't set before.  Now, with the upgrade somewhere it sets these keys everytime MSN runs.  THey force me to run the MSN software in order to connect now because they disabled me using a plain DUN.  I have much more things to say but I have to get off the computer now

PS: How do I cancel my account on these forums?  I'm not very active.

Heh, i like to see another mulder and scully episode my freind.

As for cancelking your account... are you really sure you want to do that?

It wouldent be me that deleted it anyway, post as much or as little as you like its fine buy us. :(

I hear ya, man. I got sick and tired of all the bloat in M$ products a long time ago. The only Microsoft software I use nowadays is windows, and I'm even working on migrating to Linux (damned soundcard).

anyways, your MSN woes may be alieviated if you download a small little program called GAIM. It's a free, open-source IM client, with support for many protocols. ICQ/AOL, MSN, YIM, Jabber, IRC, and a couple others, I believe.

If your sick and tired of the bloat, instability, and downright dirtiness of Microsofts official MSN client, get GAIM. Note however that support for file transfers through GAIM is limited, if not non-existent (doesn't bother me a bit, if someone needs to send me something, I run a filezilla FTP server).

http://gaim.sf.net

And why pirate an FTP program, when there's a superior open source one available?

http://filezilla.sf.net

Tired of Clippy, and other Microsoftish bloat? Try OpenOffice 1.1, which has support for exporting to PDF!

http://www.openoffice.org

The superior web browser is, hands-down, Mozilla Firebird. Tabs, built-in popup blocking, and oodles more standards support than microsoft could ever hope for. If the background of my avatar looks brownish, it's because your using IE, which lacks 24-bit PNG transparency support, but it's in Mozilla.

http://www.mozilla.org

Gotta promote my fave linux distro, too.

http://www.slackware.com

OK, enough linkage for the day. Stick it to the man.

These are long posts, i'm too lazy right now too read em. Things I'm sick of hmm... I would have to say 1 thing is how chinese food restaurants say it will be ready in 10 mins, and you go there in 10 mins and they just look at you and say not yet.

well, you know in holland they put mayonese in their french fries??

i seen em drown em in that shi* :)

As for game related stuff I'm sick of... I'm sick of playing 2D fighting games that look the same as they did in 1994/1995. Yeah, the artwork itself has improved over time, and some new features are added to combat systems and removed as needed, but these games still run at 320x240 (or something like that). Sammy had the decency make Guilty Gear run at over 640x480. Why can't Capcom and SNK get up and re-do their artwork in a more modern resolution?

Maybe SNK doesn't want to stop developing on 10 year old hardware, I dunno... (don't get me wrong, I like Neo Geo games. I just don't see the point in games looking the way they do when it wouldn't be too hard at all to make them look better)

And I'm sick of 3D fighting games that turn in to a button-mash-a-thon where your enemy knocks off half of your life bar as soon as he puts you on your back.