Coinops Driver project

XtecuterX73

This thread is for bp's work on adding/fixing new drivers for coinops. I spoke with him directly before making this thread so he knows i am making it. Any coders that would like to help please list your input here. Any input is much appreciated. Anyone that is interested in helping please let him know. He's layed the groundwork now let's get to the games that aren't emulated yet!

I have started to compile a small list of games that might be able to make into the next round of driver fix/add into coinops or whatever project bp sees fit.

so far i have gathered info for these games

1) osman/canon dancer-is emulated in mame.084 but hangs on a black screen

2) sega fd games (no one has a working build yet (on xbox at least) though kenshiro could be close

3) viper pahse 1 (seibu driver) raiden, raiden fighters, raiden fighters jet run off this same driver

4) possible fix for namco classics collection vol. 2

5) vs games (sound somewhat sluggish, vs super mario bros) though i need to check driver status on maws

6) 9 ball shootout (fixed in a later version of mame)

7) further work on midway games fix with sound

:( games that have good driver status and with sound meaning games that did not have sound on mame last xbox release but do now, need to make spreadsheet of possible candidates

9) twin cobra II -great shooter added right after the last mame update for xbox, kyuutiger 2 runs on mamexbox (has some issues)

10) segasonic the hedgehog-not the sonic games but the actual arcade games, does run in bendermame but bug in level 2 makes it freeze and crash, was fixed in a later version of mame

This is just some of the potential candidates. Bp needs your help in getting driver's added/fixed. So anyone with any info now is the time to speak up. I myself i am trying to learn what i can as far as that goes. I have very small coding experience.

Again, any help or input from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I will try to get up a spreadsheet shortly for possible drivers that can be added or fixed. Let's help do this thing! :P

HF_

edit** spreadsheet will be up shortly-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

i thought there was going to be a release before work started on drivers bp?

hey fu, i don't think this has anything to do with bp's standalone release, this is for the future, after the standalone release, i spoke with him briefly about starting a thread for fixing/adding drivers, getting help to do so, and laying the groundwork for game candidates. This is mainly new driver help and game topic. :(

that way its not so confusing with the other coinops threads.

HF-

quick edit -spreadsheet has moved to the spreadsheet located on coinops gold first page. When bp is ready to start please direct games and drivers there.

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX