an introduction to programing

Kenshinsama

whats crackin guys? well Ive been looking all over the net for some advice on programming but I honestly dont know what to look for. I decided to make a post and see if there are any programmers on the .. I dont have much experience but I like to learn new things and Im pretty anal about figuring stuff out. Im interested in doing a few projects and just getting my hands dirty really. any help is much appreciated!

stuff Im looking for

beginner programs for programming

reccomended reading for study

any info lol

t

hmm well in all honesty I want to try and create a program that keeps users together in the gaming world...if that makes any sense...make it to where theres a database for the users that need it.

I have a few other things I wanna mess with like a fighting game that was made specificly for the internet and let you customize your own characters.

lol I know I dont even know the basics and Want to make all of this crap:P but everyones got a crazy prject they wanna try right? lol.

when I get back to the pad Im going to download C and C++ thanks for the help guys!

hmm well in all honesty I want to try and create a program that keeps users together in the gaming world...if that makes any sense...make it to where theres a database for the users that need it.

I have a few other things I wanna mess with like a fighting game that was made specificly for the internet and let you customize your own characters.

lol I know I dont even know the basics and Want to make all of this crap:P but everyones got a crazy prject they wanna try right? lol.

when I get back to the pad Im going to download C and C++ thanks for the help guys!

yep, something like that (with a gui) would require the use of, say, windows API libraries (which are in C) and, if you plan on communicating through audio, directx API (C++). But you don't even know the languages yet.

link

You'll need a compiler and a decent text editor too. I would suggest gcc for compiling and notepad2 for editing.

yep, something like that (with a gui) would require the use of, say, windows API libraries (which are in C) and, if you plan on communicating through audio, directx API (C++). But you don't even know the languages yet.

link

You'll need a compiler and a decent text editor too. I would suggest gcc for compiling and notepad2 for editing.

thanks alot weirdy. wow there are a few members here who know their crap about this. awsome^^! :D:unsure: