FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

I am ashamed of myself.

I am so overloaded with work that I was not able to even UNRAR the beta yet.

I think I will do it in the weekend.

Question for Ken-Shi-Rou...

What happens if I HEX-EDIT the BETA to save in a different folder

inside TDATA and UDATA? I use to do that when I test different

versions of Mame for example.

Will this work for me?

I mean - If I just hex-edit the 1.29 beta will I be able to keep both

running fine? (1.29b ken's + 1.28 +T+)

Cheers,

Cospefogo.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started today testing on my xbox that is connected to my tv lcd by a monster component cable.

I tried to select (in the emulator video option) hd resolution (720p, 1080i) but as soon as i press "A" button the screen freezes, and the only thing i can do is to reboot manually the console.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help

@chr0m you might need to edit the ini manually. look in the fbaxxx directory for the ini folder edit then open the last ini file where it says video mode add the resolution you want then boot fbaxxx

0=480i

1=480p

2=720p

3=1080i

im guessing that if you change ffff0504 to ffff0505 it really wont hurt. Try it and see

Edited by mtsaint

@chr0m you might need to edit the ini manually. look in the fbaxxx directory for the ini folder edit then open the last ini file where it says video mode add the resolution you want then boot fbaxxx

0=480i

1=480p

2=720p

3=1080i

im guessing that if you change ffff0504 to ffff0505 it really wont hurt. Try it and see

I added 3 (=1080i) but when i boot fbaxxx i obtain a little screen up on the left of my tv lcd...so little that i cannot see almost nothing and with a lot of graphic errors :huh:

I added 3 (=1080i) but when i boot fbaxxx i obtain a little screen up on the left of my tv lcd...so little that i cannot see almost nothing and with a lot of graphic errors :huh:

720p is better than 1080i, so choose 2. If you do get the small screen in the top corner then simply adjust the screen size via the options menu. Also, if you are going to change screen resolution, it is safest to do it while you are playing a game to prevent it from crashing.

Please may anyone tell me how must be named the uni-bios 23? uni-bios.rom or uni-bios.23?

I want to add it to neogeo.zip.

The dat file included in the beta package i have doesn't recognize that uni-bios but i red that the last beta revision 1.0 supports it. Is it correct?

Thanks for the support

720p is better than 1080i, so choose 2. If you do get the small screen in the top corner then simply adjust the screen size via the options menu. Also, if you are going to change screen resolution, it is safest to do it while you are playing a game to prevent it from crashing.

I did what do u told me but there are skin graphical-issues....the text and the background images are "staggered". Perhaps do i need specific HD-skins?

normally i dont make my skins for 720p because i find that 480p runs so much smother and crashes less. also consider the hardware filter running at 720p .Skins can be made hi def and fbaxxx is easily skinnable.

How can i put right the displacement between backgrounds and text?