FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kenshiro,

no problem for the DAT : Clr Mame Pro gave me excellent results and fast updating.

By the way, I made some testing around HD mode by using Art of Fighting 3 (aof3).

All testing were made with software and sound filters turned off.

When video mode is set to 720p, I have 41808 KB free in the menu (at start up, before lauching any game).

When I start aof3, it drops to 4752 Kb free and the game is playing perfectly (solid 60 fps).

When I try to enter the menu, the emu freezes (out of memory ?)

I restart fbaxxx, set video mode to 480i, I have 50204 Kb free this time.

When I sart aof3, it drops to 10756 KB free and the game is behaving quite well again (it's just less colorfull on my lcd).

When I enter the menu, it's doing it the right way and I have 5316 Kb free.

I suppose the trouble is a malloc failure when entering menu probably due to the way VMM is used (or not) to lauch that game.

You said previously that when you launch a game, it will automatically detect if it needs VMM. If don't, the game will be entierely stored in RAM, which is definitly more faster than previously. I was asking myself if you were really scanning memory to see you free memory was available before lauching a game or if you were using VMM whenever a game was behind the limit of a fixed amount of data. If so, you should perhaps use a different setting for VMM when the video mode is set to 720p.

Or else, another solution would be to load VMM parameters from an external file as MAMEox (or CoinOPs) does, so that HD users can test for you differents settings (VMM on/off, GogoAckman VMM, iq132 uni VMM, amount of ram used...)

I don't really know if it's feasible but it may help you to have less build to make whenever you want to change just one setting in VMM.

I have tested again the games i have already tested with your previous build and the emu seems to be a bit more stable (I manage to try out the first 19 games before having my first random crash) and neogeo games are loading blazzingly fast !

Keep up the good work.

It's really appreciated. :(

When video mode is set to 720p, I have 41808 KB free in the menu (at start up, before lauching any game).

lmao !!! :blink::blink::blink:

To give you an idea, i use a standard RGB cable and atm i've a bit less than 53 Mo before launching a game, i wasn't no that was at this point in HD mode :clapping: , not a surprise there's problems

I was asking myself if you were really scanning memory to see you free memory was available before lauching a game or if you were using VMM whenever a game was behind the limit of a fixed amount of data. If so, you should perhaps use a different setting for VMM when the video mode is set to 720p.

The detection is fairly simple: if the size of sprite data are higher than 32Mo, games need VMM. Under 32 Mo, we have enough RAM, so it's useless to write them in a file (try games like Ganryu, Zupapa, Bang Bead or Nightmare in the Dark in 1.28 build, then compare it with the new one, there's a difference of 70% during loading :blink: ).

So you're right, that's definitly neccesary to find an efficient way to manage the different video modes.

the emu seems to be a bit more stable

I noticed that too, but still far away from stable :shootem:

A common point to all the build i made is you "never" have problems if you use CPS1, CPS2 and Neogeo (you can get a crash, but it's not all 10 minutes lol). Since you start launch a game from the horrible others section (horrible cause she's a b****), you have crash before entering the game, before exiting the game. Almost games works fine, but that's this annoying problem.

Some systems never causes problems and very stable(Cave, Toaplan), and somes are a pain in th ass (Kaneko16, Kaneko Pandora based, Sega drivers except System1).

That's will be a good idea to compare it with PC version, i mean to observe the behaviour of the PC version :(

It's really appreciated. :P

Happy to see you have fun with it! (and a kiss will be appreciated too :naughty: )

Fumanchu and mtsaint, the Neogeo games you tried are not working, that's normal (i'm working on it, code isn't finish).

I highly suggest you to try the bootleg those games, they all works (maybe 1 or 2 will cause problems), as they don't have to be decrypted (instead of original board).

The latest modifications in MAME neogeo drivers was an update of bootlegs sets, i just have to updated them (need very few time), i didn't search for them atm (now i assume you can easily find them, like those new Neogeo bios).

So Fumanchu i will add Samurai Shodown 5 bootleg, to wait while i'm finishing decryption code :thumbsup1:

Mooooooooooooooo !!!! [cow style]

Edited by - kenshiro -

thanks kenshiro.

i know you are really busy but if you ever get a chance would you be able to add the black tiger driver that iq 132 did. :clapping:

I don't even know if iq released his driver, but of course i will add it if available

or anything just a request.

I've one request too :(:P:thumbsup1: (sure you have an idea on what is it lmao)

thanks kenshiro.

i know you are really busy but if you ever get a chance would you be able to add the black tiger driver that iq 132 did. :blink:

I don't even know if iq released his driver, but of course i will add it if available

or anything just a request.

I've one request too :(:P:thumbsup1: (sure you have an idea on what is it lmao)

:clapping::shootem::naughty::blink: Runs to the hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink:

thanks kenshiro.

i know you are really busy but if you ever get a chance would you be able to add the black tiger driver that iq 132 did. :(

I haven't yet. The sound hardware isn't hooked up.

hey kenshiro i went to get the build but what's up with the only 10 download limit? I can't acess it. Did the download limits change or something?

Absolutly not, i will resend a link :huh:

But atm, nap time lol (hard week at my job :shootem::shootem: ) , i will check for that tonight ;)