FBA-XXX Pro 1.29 Beta (aka project "Blue Balls")

for some reason it was in my junk folder.

I assume because of the preliminary status lmao :huh:

Hello guys

I've made a spreedsheet on google docs. Thinks it'd be easier to test and report usefull info for kenshiro on that one.

Here's the link : Fba 1.29 aka blue balls

Don't forget to save and close.

By the way here's some general bugs I've found so far :

Enabling vertical bg crashes the emu (480i and 720p)

Changing video mode before entering a game crashes the emu

Those are old bugs in fact.

Happy testing

Thanks a lot Fosamax, i'll edit immediatly the list :D

I'll try to send you all in the night a build with some fix and probably more games, hope i will have the time :unsure::)

Thanks for the help guys ;)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason it was in my junk folder.

I assume because of the preliminary status lmao :huh:

Hello guys

I've made a spreedsheet on google docs. Thinks it'd be easier to test and report usefull info for kenshiro on that one.

Here's the link : Fba 1.29 aka blue balls

Don't forget to save and close.

By the way here's some general bugs I've found so far :

Enabling vertical bg crashes the emu (480i and 720p)

Changing video mode before entering a game crashes the emu

Those are old bugs in fact.

Happy testing

Thanks a lot Fosamax, i'll edit immediatly the list :D

I'll try to send you all in the night a build with some fix and probably more games, hope i will have the time :unsure::)

Thanks for the help guys ;)

Finallly I sent u a message with my email..i'll wait for your new beta. Thanks

Hi Kenshiro

Here's other bugs I've found so far :

The emu freeze when entering menu if it runs out of memory (imho). This happens every 7 ou 8 games when video mode is set in 720p (so there's probably a memory leak).

Sometimes, the menu start to draw but the background doesn't show and the emu freezes.

For some bigger game the emu freeze every time I try to enter in the menu (aof3k, aof3...)

Also HD related : The "command view" doesn't display properly in HD : it seems that the 2nd player is hard coded to x= "something between 500 to 640" (it draws in the middle of the screen) when it should be something more like "xOffset - something" where something is the position of the player one display.

By the way, it should be great to have the opportunity to keep aspect ratio when resizing (especially for vertical games) and to center the display.

I've also noticed that when you press the A button on the menu, it cycles through 3 preview but I don't know how to name the needed folders (preview, title, cabinet ?)

Auto Uni bios doesn't work anymore but you have already mentioned it.

Did you think of adding an option for showing/hidding : (working/not working ; parent/clone) or to filter by region

Not really important : Mega Man - The Power Battle (951006 USA, SAMPLE Version) : the others versions of megaman don't take a caps at "The" (idem for Rockman: The Power Battle (950922 Japan))

; Metal Slug X should be placed between 2 and 3 ; Saturday Night Slam Masters (slam masters 930713 USA): slam should here be in caps) ; Fatal Fury Special should be between 2 and 3 ; there's a typo with Metal Slug 3 (not encrypted, decrpyted C) : decrypted C.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Keep up the good work.

27/10/2008 1.0 Revision

- Fixed VMM Neogeo games crash after exiting in game menu

- Fixed AutoNeoBios

- Added gwingb, armwaru1, csclub to CPS2 drivers

- Added iq_132 "The Legend of Silkroad" driver

- Added PGM drivers modified by iq_132 (which use UniVMM) ---> http://neosource.1emu.net/forums/index.php?topic=980.0

Here's what i did today ;) Hope you will have fun with it :P

BTW, i've done a good part of build's cleanup (updated sounds cores, remove useless code). In others words, that just mean you'll have to test a lot of stuff lmao (Coffee highly recommended :naughty: ). It have also free up a bit of RAM for the UI ;)

Hi Kenshiro

Here's other bugs I've found so far :

The emu freeze when entering menu if it runs out of memory (imho). This happens every 7 ou 8 games when video mode is set in 720p (so there's probably a memory leak).

Sometimes, the menu start to draw but the background doesn't show and the emu freezes.

For some bigger game the emu freeze every time I try to enter in the menu (aof3k, aof3...)

Also HD related : The "command view" doesn't display properly in HD : it seems that the 2nd player is hard coded to x= "something between 500 to 640" (it draws in the middle of the screen) when it should be something more like "xOffset - something" where something is the position of the player one display.

By the way, it should be great to have the opportunity to keep aspect ratio when resizing (especially for vertical games) and to center the display.

I've also noticed that when you press the A button on the menu, it cycles through 3 preview but I don't know how to name the needed folders (preview, title, cabinet ?)

Auto Uni bios doesn't work anymore but you have already mentioned it.

Did you think of adding an option for showing/hidding : (working/not working ; parent/clone) or to filter by region

Not really important : Mega Man - The Power Battle (951006 USA, SAMPLE Version) : the others versions of megaman don't take a caps at "The" (idem for Rockman: The Power Battle (950922 Japan))

; Metal Slug X should be placed between 2 and 3 ; Saturday Night Slam Masters (slam masters 930713 USA): slam should here be in caps) ; Fatal Fury Special should be between 2 and 3 ; there's a typo with Metal Slug 3 (not encrypted, decrpyted C) : decrypted C.

That's all I can think of for the moment.

Keep up the good work.

That's interesting to see the emu behaviour in HD mode (which i absolutly don't know lol :huh: ), looks like less stable than non HD mode. In fact, i can launch a games before having a problem (if i have one). I'm afraid (even sure) that i couldn't do something for that, so if anyone wanna do it... :huh:

I also agree with your idea to sort the games, hiding the clone etc... That's definitly necessary, there's a lot of games.

I also ask the question if you gonna keep 4 menus in the emu, honestly if the games are sorted properly :huh: , that will be more simple. I'd really like to know what's your opinions on that.

For other stuff you mentionned, it will be correct in the cleanup i'm currently doing.

Thanks for all your help Fosamax, that's pretty cool ;)

i see hyper streetfighter is still giving you problems kenshiro.

Yeah, i hate that one lol, i've never get it work in a build ( was working previously in 1.28 :shootem: ), even iq_132 was surprised to not see the game boot.

Edit: stuff sended to testers, still missing Glitch and bulge2 emails.

Edited by - kenshiro -

Thanks for sending me the build kenshiro, you and your blue balls rock!! I plan getting on my box tonight and giving it a go or so to speak.

I have an uncle in chemo and with small cell lung cancer so the last few days i have been pretty damn busy and i need something to get my mind off of things for a while.

Ill post some results here in just a bit. you rock! :P

HF-