Dark_AleX releases 5.00 M33, 1.50 kernel addon, and PSPStates 2

PSP Custom Firmware 5.00 M33

There it is.

Changes:

- 4.01 to 5.00

- Bug fix: when changing speed in xmb, and the psp turned the brightness to 0 automatically the speed was reseted to 222 again.

Source and Downloads: dark-alex.org release thread

1.50 Kernel addon for 5.00 M33 (phat PSPs only)

Instructions: Copy to /PSP/GAME5XX and run.

Note: because even deleting LFTV and korean font there was not enough space this time, this version will delete also flash0:/dic/apotp.dic

I'm unsure about what this file is for (maybe for japanese text predicition?) but system works fine with it.

IF you want to keep some of the things deleted by the 150k_installer do following things.

- Install DC7. Use the Format flash options in nand operations menu. Make flash1 size like around 1 MB smaller, make flash3 the smallest possible, and make flash2 a bit smaller (not too much, or you won't be able to download games and demos from psstore). Then, make flash0 as big as possible and continue.

- Install 4.01 M33, update to 5.00 M33.

- Install 1.50 addon. Dump 5.00 using the latest psardumper, and flash the deleted files you want back.

PSPStates 2 (PSP Slim only)

This is same version as the one for 4.01 M33 but updated to do patches in 5.00 M33, that's why version hasn't changed yet.

Remember to discard old savestates from 4.01 before using the plugin. If you attempt to load a savestate made in 4.01

your ram would be in 4.01 M33 but the flash in 5.00 M33, and soon or later it will crash or give problems.

Also, a note from DAX on a problem with PSX games in 5.00 M33

This is a bug in M33 code that is caused sometimes with certain icons.

I'm not gonna bother do an update only for this but I'll post the file that fixes this for anyone wanting to fix it manually replacing the file.

This also fixes document.dat not working.