RessurectionXtras (Work in Progress, Tons Already Done)

ressurectionx

Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance Torrent-zipped datfiles for over 2,300 games released on the thread now. Also more than 7,000 images in over 2,300 files released in the artwork pack. Pretty much plug-n-play if you know your way around the XBox.

Over 1,700 videos made for it, with 600 more needed before a video release is available.

Enjoy, and let me know if you want to help.

Later,

~Rx

RessurectionXtras and Compatibility Lists

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if BP added "allowance mode" or got some help getting video previews on MAME yet? I've got 4 DVDs worth of AVI files ready to be converted for support for his emus.

I'm posting it here because I don't want to clutter his thread if he already does and this is the only thread I'll remember checking next time I get back.

PS... check out the new developments on the Xtras at the other site. We could use help making Gameboy, TG16, and SMS/Game Gear videos if you have some free time.

Thanks,

~Rx

feel like releaseing a torrent with all your current vids. It might be a lot to ask I don't know. Eventually I'm going to have to get all these vids. maybe on the weekend

I've got a lot of plans for this stuff in the future. When I came to the scene, there was so much still unorganized. So many things to go through. Probably millions of moves and renames and re-orgainzations have gone into this project to get everything to match up with the datfile romnames. I want to eventually put out there what has never been created before. A single torrent that has all of this stuff combined. One that allows the user to get only the things they are looking for from it.

We're not there yet, but the time will come.

In the mean time, megaupload is a good a place as any, and more often than not it's faster than a torrent, even though it involves a more hands on approach. Check out the vids. Not all the emulators in their current release can support them yet, but NES, SNES, Genesis and LYNX are a great start.

Enjoy,

~Rx

Hey ressX, I knew i will find you here :ph34r:

I post it here because the F###ing xbox-scene forum is dead tonight -AGAIN- :P

Just to say:If we want the ability to display dual boxart/screenshot (for now we can display dual boxart/videos, but for the users without a big hard drive it would be cool)

We need an Xport inverter!!

All the best emus of the world (mame, Zsnexbox...) and all the pc front ends are working with "boxart", "titles", and "screenshots" folders; unfortunatelly it's not the case of the Xport emus :D .

Perheaps a coder out there could create a programm to convert all our "Xport screenshots" into "classic multi folders screenshots"

A programm that could convert:

Mario/0001.png, 0002.png, 003.png, 0004.png INTO

Boxarts/mario.png , Titles/mario.png ,Screenshots/mario.png , Carts/mario.png

Like this it would be SOOOOO MOOORE EASY :

- For the USERS, to display any screeenshots/boxarts/carts/titles in the desired order.

- For the CODER, to display what he want in the General User Interface

I don't know if such a wonderfull programm should be hard to create madmab? Peheaps a talented coder here know how to programm such a thing?

Imagine how cool it would be for the poor xbox users with their tiny hard drive to have this:

f_previewm_f23e955.jpg

Hey Gilles,

Yeah. I post in here too every once in a while.

That forum has been dead for over a day now. It's too bad because it's been having no problems lately. I wonder what's up because it's totally dead now. Usually when this happens it's just really slow and times out requests a lot.

Oh well... hope it's back up again soon.

When it's back up again, ask (or I will) BombBloke if he can use some of his code wizardry to convert the pics to separate folders. In the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy advance I did my first complete overhaul to the screenshots to verify that every boxart was labeled 0001.png, every title shot is 0002.png, every action shot is 0003.png, and every cart/cd/disk is 0004.png. We may have to drop the alternate boxes/carts/screenshots for roms with more than one game on them, but we'll get to that at some other time. Maybe we could have multiple screenshots or boxart in their respective folders if there are alternates. (I'd have to do that manually, but it shouldn't be too bad).

Do you think mad will be able to do this if the pics were in different folders? I'm surprised it can't be done if the pics are all named correctly, but if doing all this extra work is what it takes to get it done I can spend some time on it and hopefully BB can make that conversion program for us.

BB has made two awesome codes so far. One of them has saved me hours now. It takes all of the PNG boxart files i have and renames them to 0001.png and puts them in folders with the exact name I gave the images before the convert. The other, which I haven't tried out yet, takes all the roms you have in a specified folder and makes cutfiles for them so you can load the rom straight from XBMC. I'm sure he could come up with something.

Later,

~Rx

Yep, totally dead since yesterday...

I copy paste it here the answer of madmab, He think the same thing of us; The Xport screenshots convention is... giving us lot of problems in fact! :)

Madmab think too

Like it works in mame/zsnexbox/pc frontends; would be SOOOOO MOOORE EASY :

- For the USERS, to display any screeenshots/boxarts/carts/titles in the desired order.

- For the CODER, to display what he want in the General User Interface

Madmab answer about a programm every xbox Xport's emulators users could use:

I think I wrote a batch file to do this some time back. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. It had issues with directories with certain characters in their name (& comes to mind). But still makes for a good timesaver. I think two directories (one for screenshots and the other for boxart/cartart) ought to work just fine.

Geez.... I wake up and the site is still down hard. That's almost 2 days now. Wonder if it's time to start worrying that all our posts are gone. At least I have the links for everything uploaded saved in about 3 other places if the worst case scenario rises.

If the site ever goes back online, I'm going to ask BombBloke about separating each type of screenshot. As long as we're going to the trouble to do this, we may as well do it right. Since I named everything perfectly, it shouldn't take much extra effort once the batch is written. His program that I mentioned above works lightning fast with all characters including the &.

Later,

~Rx

EDIT: We should be in business soon....

FORUM MAINTENANCE

yaya I know ... we were offline for +1 day.

Need to do some work on the forums now, will be back in 30mins or so

Edited by ressurectionx

• 1 month later...