Enabling my PSP for homebrew

I want to enable the new PSP I bought for homebrew. From what I understand I can use the Pandora method only if my PSP doesn't have the TA-whatever motherboard.

Is there a way to check if I am able to even enable my PSP for homebrew or if it does or doesn't contain that TA-xxxxx motherboard?

Does my PSP have to already be homebrew capable in order to use Pandora or is that what the Pandora kit is for to begin with?

Some said at Ngemu to check my date code under my battery to see if it is a model currently capable of homebrew. I am unsure of what this date code looks like or where it exactly is under the battery.

The model is a PSP Slim 2001...

Edited by Xtreme2damax

I don't know much about downgrading PSP Slims or any restrictions thereof, but I can tell you for sure that you can't make a Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick on your own. You will need a PSP that already has a custom firmware on it in order to make the battery + mem stick combo.

EDIT: I've done a bit of reading, and it looks like you'll have to check if you have a TA88v3 mobo (You can check with this tool). If you do have a TA88v3 mobo, you will not be able to downgrade no matter what (Dark_AleX explains why here). For now, at least. There's always hope for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't already needing a homebrew enabled PSP kind of defeat the purpose though?

There should be an alternative utility for PC that allows you to create the magic memory stick if you don't have access to a homebrew enabled PSP or know anyone with one.

What is involved with the creation of the magic memory stick that needs a homebrew enabled PSP anyways?

If I understand you only need a homebrew capable PSP to create the magic memory stick, so why not create a PC utility that does this same thing since you can plug the PSP memory stick into a PC using an adapter or access it via your PC/PSP using a cable?

So all you would need is a modified battery/Datel tool battery and you're memory stick. Creating an application for the PC that creates the magic memory stick would be much simpler than actually needing a homebrew enabled PSP to do this.

People with homebrew enabled PSP's is not very common where I live and most PSP owners have no idea what homebrew or anything is beyond the official games or licensed applications.

I don't know anyone with a homebrew capable PSP or know anyone who knows anyone with a homebrew capable PSP. :thumbsup1:

My PSP has the TA-088v2 motherboard which is hackable.

Edited by Xtreme2damax

Doesn't already needing a homebrew enabled PSP kind of defeat the purpose though?

There should be an alternative utility for PC that allows you to create the magic memory stick if you don't have access to a homebrew enabled PSP or know anyone with one.

What is involved with the creation of the magic memory stick that needs a homebrew enabled PSP anyways?

If I understand you only need a homebrew capable PSP to create the magic memory stick, so why not create a PC utility that does this same thing since you can plug the PSP memory stick into a PC using an adapter or access it via your PC/PSP using a cable?

So all you would need is a modified battery/Datel tool battery and you're memory stick. Creating an application for the PC that creates the magic memory stick would be much simpler than actually needing a homebrew enabled PSP to do this.

People with homebrew enabled PSP's is not very common where I live and most PSP owners have no idea what homebrew or anything is beyond the official games or licensed applications.

I don't know anyone with a homebrew capable PSP or know anyone who knows anyone with a homebrew capable PSP. :thumbsup1:

My PSP has the TA-088v2 motherboard which is hackable.

Megaman_zer0 is right: If that were possible, I'm sure it would already have been made. However, in order to create a magic memory stick, you need to be able to run unsigned code on the PSP itself, and that can only be done if the PSP is already homebrew enabled. You can, alternatively, find someone who will help you out at this site: noobz.eu (They are very trustworthy and well-known in the PSP homebrew scene)