Questions about nulldc

i have naomi 1.0.3 and i got the marvel vs capcom 2 cdi but when i run it,its real slow and the music is very choppy.is there anyway I can fix this problem?I also have the naomi 1.0.3 nulldc but i cant find the arcade version of marvel vs capcom 2.I tried torrents and everything but no luck.

Is there anyway I fix the game being real slow and the music being choppy? Im able to run nintento,snes,genesis,playstation 1 and nintendo 64 games with no problem.I can also run mame games with no problem such as marvel vs capcom 1.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

here are my system specs:

Field Value

Computer

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name CUSTOMER

User Name Administrator

Motherboard

CPU Type AMD Sempron, 1400 MHz (7 x 200)

Motherboard Name Foxconn 755A01/K8S755A Series (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset SiS 760, AMD Hammer

System Memory 224 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)

BIOS Type Award (09/06/04)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)

Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display

Video Adapter SiS760 (32 MB)

3D Accelerator SiS 330 Mirage Integrated

Monitor HP D8901 [17" CRT] (MY94809521)

Multimedia

Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

Storage

IDE Controller SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller D347PRT SCSI Controller

SCSI/RAID Controller SCSI/RAID Host Controller

Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive

Disk Drive SAMSUNG SP0411N (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)

Optical Drive Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device

Optical Drive LITE-ON CD-RW SOHR-5239V (52x/32x/52x CD-RW)

Optical Drive TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SDM2012C (16x/48x DVD-ROM)

SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions

C: (FAT32) 38192 MB (9507 MB free)

Input

Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse Logitech USB Wheel Mouse

Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver

Network

Network Adapter SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (74.73.244.100)

Modem HSP56 Micromodem

Peripherals

Printer hp deskjet 5100 series

Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer

USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller

USB2 Controller SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller

USB Device Generic USB Hub

USB Device Logitech USB Wheel Mouse

USB Device USB Human Interface Device

USB Device USB Printing Support

Are those good enough?If not what do i need?a video card,more ram???

Edited by reez79

I can't say with 100% certainty but it looks like your specs may be lacking. If this is the case then all I can think of is to make sure that no unneccesary processes are running while NullDC is active. Maybe someone with NullDC experience can jump in here.

The SiS is beyond pathetic, that's your problem, to be blunt. It's simply is way underpowered to handle something like Dreamcast emulation. The fact that it's integrated makes it twice bad (although all SiS chips these days are of the integrated kind).

The SiS is beyond pathetic, that's your problem, to be blunt. It's simply is way underpowered to handle something like Dreamcast emulation. The fact that it's integrated makes it twice bad (although all SiS chips these days are of the integrated kind).

when you say sis,you talking about my video card right? im not really an expert on computers or anything.

how come i am able to run playstation,n64, arcade emulators and i can run marvel vs capcom 1 with no problems but i cant run a dreamcast emulator?

also if i did wanted to run a dreamcast emulator what would i need to upgrade?would i need a new video card or something

edit:if i get 512mb ram will i be able to run the dreamcast emulator?

Edited by reez79

Yes, although SiS isn't a video card, since it is just an integrated graphics chips that uses your systems own memory for itself, instead of having its own dedicated video memory. Most integrated chips are below minimum requirements for adequate Dreamcast emulation, and the only exceptions are some integrated chips from ATI and Nvidia (Radeon Mobile and GeForce Go line respectively).

You would need a fairly decent video card, which certainly doesn't have to be top of the line. Any ATI Radeon from 9800 and up as well as any Nvidia GeForce 5700 and up will do more than fine. What matter in emulation of any kind most is the CPU speed, everything else is more or less secondary and not as important in terms of smoothness and overall ability to render the DC graphics properly. 512MB of RAM will do fine, although having more than that never hurts.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry i took so long to reply but one more question.I cleared some space on my computer and got the game to run a lil faster but its still slow and the music is choppy.

I wanted to ask you If I buy the 512mb ram alone,will that be enough to play the dreamcast emulator or would i need both the 512mb ram and new video card?what do u recommend me to buy first cuz idk if im have enough money to buy both at the same time?please reply when u get a chance

You wouldnt have to buy 512 more, you can get 256 more and a new Video card.

And ive heard this one too many times but HDD space has minimal effect on Computer performance. Or so i think. I Know a hard drive with alot of lost clusters and fragmented files will take longer to access files but aside from that it doesnt really.

Am i right?

Good Luck finding a PCI Video card.

You wouldnt have to buy 512 more, you can get 256 more and a new Video card.

And ive heard this one too many times but HDD space has minimal effect on Computer performance. Or so i think. I Know a hard drive with alot of lost clusters and fragmented files will take longer to access files but aside from that it doesnt really.

Am i right?

Good Luck finding a PCI Video card.

I dont know if that would still be enough.If you checked my specs I have 224 system memory ram.if i get 256 it only adds up to 480 or something like that.I need at least 512mb ram to be able to run the dreamcast emulator.

another question how much ram mb should the video card I get have?

The type of video card or the speed hard disk you have ultimately doesn't matter so much, and are almost meaningless in terms of emulation performance (the only exceptions being integrated graphics chips). What matters is how fast your processor is. Emulators never rely on the capabilities of the graphics card as much as PC games do (the hard disk even less), and to give a heavy generalization, a video card is only needed by an emulator to output an image.

Dreamcast emulation is slightly different beast however, due to the complexity of the DC video hardware. More often than not, a Dreamcast emulator requires a video card to have hardware-based Transform & Lighting support; a feature that most integrated chips lack. A video card with 128MB of memory will do just fine for the most part, and all cards in the past 8 or so years have hardware T&L support.

My old specs were a 1.6Ghz processor, 512MB of RAM and an Nvidia Geforce 5200FX video card. Ran MvC2 just fine, no problems. I'd grab an extra 512MB of RAM instead of 256 as it will help speed up your PC across the board.