Is it possible to rename the emualtors?

blade2008

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the emulators (not the ROMS) I have installed on my modded Xbox running UnleashX? For example, when I look in the Emulator directory off the UnleashX menu, I see a listing of all the emus I have loaded. However, the issue is that I (and especially the kids) cannot remember that the xadam emu runs the Intellevison games. So for each emu in it's own directory I was hoping to have them say "Intelevision", Colecovison, Atari2500, etc. instead of the emu name as the description. Basically I am looking for a way to tell UnleashX to read a description of the emu I have created (Intellevision), instead of the actual emu name (xadam).

Is that possible? I was also trying to change the image files for each emu so when you highlighted the atari emu it would show an atari2500, atari 5200, etc.

Thanks again everyone!

I was wondering if it was possible to rename the emulators (not the ROMS) I have installed on my modded Xbox running UnleashX? For example, when I look in the Emulator directory off the UnleashX menu, I see a listing of all the emus I have loaded. However, the issue is that I (and especially the kids) cannot remember that the xadam emu runs the Intellevison games. So for each emu in it's own directory I was hoping to have them say "Intelevision", Colecovison, Atari2500, etc. instead of the emu name as the description. Basically I am looking for a way to tell UnleashX to read a description of the emu I have created (Intellevision), instead of the actual emu name (xadam).

Is that possible? I was also trying to change the image files for each emu so when you highlighted the atari emu it would show an atari2500, atari 5200, etc.

Thanks again everyone!

Find yourself a hex editor and modify the .xbe for each emulator. The names are stored near the beginning of the files.

I was also trying to change the image files for each emu so when you highlighted the atari emu it would show an atari2500, atari 5200, etc.

First you will need to download an emulator icon pack that contains the images of all the various systems. Once you have the icon pack you will need to get those images over to your xbox by either FTPing them, burning a DVD of them for the xbox or using a USB thumb drive (which may or may not be supported by your version of UnleashX.)

Take the picture from each system and put it in the emulator folder where it belongs. Once the picture is in the emulator folder rename that picture "default.tbn" without the quotes.