Where to place ROMS?

blade2008

Kind of new to the whole modding thing. Just softmodded my Xbox the other day and installed UnleashX as the GUI, plus DVD2Xbox as an app. I also installed Surreal64 as an emu. I can see the apps and I can see the emu via the Unleash dashboard. I have a bunch of ROMs. Exactly where do I put them on the Xbox for the emu to see them? I have the original HD with a C drive, E drive (which has most of the data), etc. Do I put the N64 ROMS in the E\Emulation\Surreal64 directory? In another subfolder? Do I put the ROMS in a newly created E\ROMS directory? Help!

By the way, I realize I will have to rename many of them because their filenames are too long. I have Flashrenamer on one PC? Any other renamer applications suggested?

Thanks!

just open up unleashx file explorer and then open the surreal emu folder,then push start and go to the new folder option and name the folder roms and put them in there.

you might want to put just a couple of roms in first to see if they do need to be renamed or not.

also how did you get on with the baed discs,they all working ok?

you can burn roms to a cd if you want in the form of a data disc and use unleashx file explorer or dvd2xbox to copy them to the hdd if you are not sure how to ftp.

just open up unleashx file explorer and then open the surreal emu folder,then push start and go to the new folder option and name the folder roms and put them in there.

you might want to put just a couple of roms in first to see if they do need to be renamed or not.

also how did you get on with the baed discs,they all working ok?

you can burn roms to a cd if you want in the form of a data disc and use unleashx file explorer or dvd2xbox to copy them to the hdd if you are not sure how to ftp.

I'm fine with FTP so no probelms there. In fact, I will create the ROMs folder via my FTP agent. I will try a few first, maybe I will be luck and not need to rename them!

I guess I am just not sure what directory certain apps go into. I understand sometimes you have to edit a confi file to point in the correct area. I was just wondering where UnleashX considers the deafult ROM directory to be (if it does at all).

Got my BAED to work, hooray! Thanks for asking. I guess it would not play until the Xbox was modded, could not read it from PC without Quix and Xbox considered it an "invalid" DVD until after it was modded. Lesson learned. Now I want to copy over some of those ROMs from the BAED to the Xbox HD so I don't need to access the DVD each time.

Thanks! Will post again to this thread if I still have a concern.

As long as the roms are in the Surreal/Roms folder they should be ok. You may need to change the extension to .z64 instead of .usa for example. You can also edit the surreal.ini, though it shouldn't be necessary. Sometimes it is necessary to delete the initial save that Surreal creates too which can be deleted via the Game Saves manager in UnleashX.

As long as the roms are in the Surreal/Roms folder they should be ok. You may need to change the extension to .z64 instead of .usa for example. You can also edit the surreal.ini, though it shouldn't be necessary. Sometimes it is necessary to delete the initial save that Surreal creates too which can be deleted via the Game Saves manager in UnleashX.

Got it. Thanks!