BAED 1 won't burn sucessful iso after many attempts

blade2008

This problemis driving me crazy! I have the Big Ass Emulation Disk for Xbox that I got from TWO different trackers (downloaded twice). Both times the RARs seemed perfect and the iso can be created. But after making 4 coasters I am still desperate. I burned the iso to a CompuUSA brand DVD +R four times using Nero 8 and each time the burn was sucessful. But when I check the DVD is shows no fiel with 0 bytes. But when I right click on the iso it is 4.37GB, so it is not like there is an empty file. I even burned it once using another product and same issue. I tried to view the contenets via ISOBuster, and ther is one track that is 4.37GB. I cannot display all the contents though without the licnesed version. I have the full Nero 8 system but that won't let me view the contents of the iso. I am really upset because I have been lookign forward to modding my Xbox so I could use it as a console emulator but I am stuck with no ROMS. I have not tried BAED 2-3a/3b yet, but BAED 1 has all the console games I really wanted. Any ideas why this keeps happening? I have burned other isos in the past with no incident so I am not sure if it is the file itself, media, etc. Suggestions? I just wanted to play 1908s console games on the Xbox. :unsure:

Thanks!!!!!

when your burning an iso image for xbox always try and burn at a slow speed 2 or 4times max.

i always use dvd-decryptor to burn xbox isos and use sony dvd-rs for media.you should be fine with nero though.

im geussing that the iso image is in the form of an xiso?

It's likely in xiso format which is why you can see the size of the iso, but not the contents of it. Use Quix to open the iso to see if it is indeed genuine. I don't remember my Xbox ever liking DVD+R discs, even high quality ones, try DVD-R to burn. Burn with DVD Decrypter at 4x and it should be fine.

how are you burning it?

in nero, you have to go to burn image, and then choose the image.

I suggest you use Alcohol

try it, it only burns images.

if you have winrar, you can right click on the iso and extract its contents

I am clicking on the iso, which launches Nero 8. I do have winrar, and when I try to open it in there it says it is an invalid fiel type or it is corrupt. But the file size is the exact size as the .nfo says it should be. Is ther an iso repair tool? Again, I downloaded this 4.37GB file from two separate trackers, and both are not working. I can't believe there is no working BAED 1 out there!

when your burning an iso image for xbox always try and burn at a slow speed 2 or 4times max.

i always use dvd-decryptor to burn xbox isos and use sony dvd-rs for media.you should be fine with nero though.

im geussing that the iso image is in the form of an xiso?

I am not suire if it is an xiso format. I mean, the extension is .iso, not .xiso.

It's likely in xiso format which is why you can see the size of the iso, but not the contents of it. Use Quix to open the iso to see if it is indeed genuine. I don't remember my Xbox ever liking DVD+R discs, even high quality ones, try DVD-R to burn. Burn with DVD Decrypter at 4x and it should be fine.

I will dnownload quix and see if I can view the iso contents. I was thinking of burning it on a DVD-R disk from another PC too. The one I burned from was a Dell that had a stock +R drive. I will need to use one of my HPs to burn the -R I assume (I think Dell's only burn +R, or at least this older PC does). I am willing to try anything, this has become a quest for me! :unsure:

Really appreciate all the great feedback from everyone on this board in such a short amount of time. Will let everyone know if I get this resolved!

Thanks again!

dvd-decryptor is your best bet for burning the image.

I downloaded Quix and was able to browse the contents of the iso (hooray!). So at least I know it is valid, or at least most of it it. Next I will get dvd-decryptor and burn to a DVD -R. Althought it looks like I can use Quix to FTP the contents of the iso directly to my Xbox, instead of trying to run the games off the DVD.

Thanks again everyone for the great advice. I hope I can have the Xbox modded and playing those old console games I loved in the 80s by this weekend. :unsure:

Edited by blade2008

noticed you had baed2 well if you dont know thats all the handheld emus-gb,gbcolour,gba,wonderswan,neogeo pocket,game gear.

baed 3a thats mameox 0.843b and the full romset about 4000 roms.

baed 3b thats fbaxxx pro-cps1,cps2,neogeo and a shitload of cave shooters.

you are looking at about 9-10,000 roms there and if you include baed1 thats 14000 roms=24000roms(bloody hell.)

YOUR GONNA BE BUSY. :unsure:

if i can also make a suggestion if your going to put these discs on your hdd then the mame disc baed3a has an older version of mameox.find and download mameox128plus(20060505) and put the roms from your mame disc into this emu.all the roms are compatible with mameox128plus.

this is what i did before anyway just a suggestion.

don't be a stranger blade, you owe us big time now! LOL j/k

LOL. I won't be a stranger. I spent my teenage years pumping quarters into arcade machines in the early 80s so anything I can do to help others bring that feeling back again I will.

You guys rock. :unsure: