A few questions about the new dash for the 360

SF2MJ

1) Will you be able to switch back and forth between the new dash and the old one?

2)Will the dash update cause problems for people with flashed 360's?

3)Will it have new security checks that will stop people playing backups?

4)And will it allow you to store backup games on the HDD like the original ones?

Just wondering if anybody out there knows anything about this.

Edited by SF2MJ

I do not know... really... but I'm fairly certain they will not allow you to switch back to the old dash. Their new marketing strategy focuses on things that the new dash incorporates. The avatars... the chatrooms, which allow one to invite someone to play a marketplace game from their list... even if the guest does not own that game.

So I'm sticking with no for the dash question.

I do not know... really... but I'm fairly certain they will not allow you to switch back to the old dash. Their new marketing strategy focuses on things that the new dash incorporates. The avatars... the chatrooms, which allow one to invite someone to play a marketplace game from their list... even if the guest does not own that game.

wow thats going to be a nice feature. I didnt know they were going to let you play games with people even if they didnt have the game...wonder if I will be able to share videos with friends also...meh in any I dont think they will allow you to switch. they focus on moving forward.

Playing games from the HDD is ok if you have an Elite or something, but with the old standard 20gig drive it's a bit pointless. I'd much rather see them add more codecs/containers and loosen up the restrictions that they have on those already in place.

wow thats going to be a nice feature. I didnt know they were going to let you play games with people even if they didnt have the game...wonder if I will be able to share videos with friends also...meh in any I dont think they will allow you to switch. they focus on moving forward.

Remember... only marketplace games... Castle crashers... Uno... ETC.

Well I do remember something about sharing pictures. As for video's ... This is lame... but... If you have a netflix account, you can access a sh!t ton of movies through the 360. If both you and I have a netflix account, we can watch a movie together through live. But if you do not have a netflix account, you cannot watch the movie with me. So that is a lame feature... why would we watch a movie together through live, if we can watch it separately at no extra charge. It's like a gay sleep over... but through the internet...

Edited by Belthasar