Totally whored...

Shoma

I feel like crap becuase i work in customer service and this lady needed help so i helped and i toold that we couldn't do this because its against the policy.

After that she went crazy and and start yelling, calling me stupid and all dat crap.

And all that i could think of was "F**** YOU!" but other than that there were honestly no words that i could sum in my head.

So i kept quiet and just moved to help someone else while she was still going....but man!

I flet like she tottally took a dump on my pride!

Argh! MY pplz told me that if there was nothing but "f*** you" that was gonna come out your mouuth the i did the right thing but.....man! I really wanted to let her have it, now i feel like a real punk, I cant believe that I would get in trouble for teaching some manners to a super rude person.

My boss comes in and totally goes against the policy to make her happy and friggin made me looked like i was wrong...

sigh

wat u guys think?

You did the right thing.

I hate to say this bro, but that's the way the world goes. Learn quickly. It'll save you from a lot of inner doubts and troubles later on. :(

Hera's right. I'm actually going into customer service. I have delt with customers in most of my jobs. I totally understand what it is like, to get blasted with this giant crap bomb. But you gotta remember, it takes a bigger person to not say anything than countering with some .... "loud rebuttal" to put it nicely.

You did what was right. Your boss... is the only person who can go against policy... it is their call, and why would YOU help someone who is going crazy on your ass!? She should have asked to speak with the manager... Look, your manager did what she did... don't take it to heart. Talk to your manager, and ask her what you might do in another situation such as this... where she will likely say... "tell them to wait just a minute while you come and get me"

Anyway... good job man. Job secured! Keep your head up.

I have stories... At Subway.... a loooong time ago, a lady was real unhappy. She walked to the side of the line... you know, where that chest high counter thing is... well she said "I want to speak to your manager" Well I said, "right now, I am the Manager" Well... she tried to slap me!

Then there was a time where I worked at Taco Bell. Well I was doing an order for a walk in, and a co-worker said something. I was laughing... and when I handed the bag to the customer... he said "I head you" Of course I was like "what?" He said "I heard you guys laughing at me" I said something along the lines that he was mistaken... well he swung at me... it was in slow motion... and I didn't move at all. He totally wiffed... and I was by that point smoldering. He challenged me to come outside, where I declined saying he was not worth loosing my job. He tried to talk me out of that mindset... but bill MUST be paid. And where I lived... jobs were REAL hard to come by. So I turned and let him go.

Honestly... sh!t can and will happen. It's not "what" they said, it's the fact that they are trying you. You gotta do the best you can do. You showed an unbelievable amount of maturity. I know it was hard... I always want to put people in their place. But have to do what is right. Just.... find a way to release your stress, I wouldn't want you to go postal.

Edited by Belthasar

Don't take what your manager did personally, it's up to them to take the heat if they went against policy. You can't, you're a lowly plebe.

I've done certain things where I work, for my workers that goes against policy........because they can't.

You did the right thing, and if your manager didn't give you $hit for it, who cares?

The way some customers treat service staff makes me sick, I've actually smacked a total stranger in the back of the head before, for talking to a girl behind the counter like she was a piece of crap.

Could you imagine what I would do to someone if I was the one behind the counter? I've seen the crap some people pull, I'd wind up pulling someone over the counter and kicking their @$$.

*anger subsided*

Thanks everyone....I had a good day today..

Feel tons better...

And todday my supervisor came up to me and said, "you got that 'senor' kind of patience... and then walked away.

So thanks for yall encouraging words...

*anger subsided*

Thanks everyone....I had a good day today..

Feel tons better...

And todday my supervisor came up to me and said, "you got that 'senor' kind of patience... and then walked away.

So thanks for yall encouraging words...

Hey excellent. See, she noticed. If things keep going this way, you might just be inline for a promotion. I don't know where you work, but this kind of attitude you displayed will really solidify your total experience.