Yamaha’s Exoskeleton Motorcycle: The Deus Ex Machina

Krosigrim

This would totally allow for much weaving through (and under) traffic. Also many deaths. I want one.

Yeah, good luck with that. My bike is barely wider than I am, this thing looks to be 2/3 the width of a small car.

I'd ride circles around this thing.

But can your bike drive under a truck? :)

No, and neither can this thing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh but you did almost drive it under that car..... by the way, hows that going?

Not even close buddy, I threw it and myself down the center of my own lane. Sucked, but I didn't have much choice given circumstances.

Shop gave me a quote of $2300 in repairs, tried to get me to avoid going through my insurance (I expected this, they're in this to make money after all), but since I'm at 0 fault no way!

Other guy does have a valid insurance policy, just waiting on my claims adjuster to hear from his insurance so we can go ahead with repairs without me paying my $250 deductible.

Going to ride it again next year, do the next level of my licensing (m2, valid for 5 years, take full M) and then sell it and buy this.......something that doesn't weigh barely more than I do and can plant itself better on the road. My bike is 280lbs with a full tank of gas!

i_GT650R.jpg

Weighs 421lbs dry, is wider and has power to get me out of troubles path (Something my 125R seriously lacks).

Not sure about insurance though, might cost me too much, in which case I'll be buying the GT250R.

Wow, your bike is pretty light. Yea yea I remember the story... I know you were nipple surfing... and I knew you didn't come close to going under any car or anything. I thought his insurance was void..? Well that's good! Now what are you driving? Are you sharing a car with the misses?

I can only imagine this scenario on an exoskeleton bike. ROFL. At least on a bike, you start on top of it... could you imagine being UNDER the bike like this "Deus Ex" has you?!?!?! Snap an arm off, and then your pinned under the bulk while it uses your flesh as a brake... Fun!

Only have the one car, and I prefer she use it. She has to take my daughter to daycare and drive to work, I work almost an hour drive away.

It's why I bought the bike, much cheaper (Overall) than owning a second car. During the winter I just go in to work with my dad or a friend.

An no nipple surfing! I don't wear a wife beater, shorts and a pair of sandals while riding! lol

if the 2 wheel close in towards the center when u lay down, making the motorcycle narrower then that'll be sweet. Right now it's just bleh.

You can quote the game all you like, but even Eidos cannot copyright the words "Deus Ex Machina" as they literally mean something and aren't a "name". They can copyright it for a video game, but only a video game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Yamaha can likewise copyright it for their purpose, but nothing more (ie; Eidos couldn't sue Yamaha over it)

You can quote the game all you like, but even Eidos cannot copyright the words "Deus Ex Machina" as they literally mean something and aren't a "name". They can copyright it for a video game, but only a video game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina

Yamaha can likewise copyright it for their purpose, but nothing more (ie; Eidos couldn't sue Yamaha over it)

Information highway to the rescue!