Upcoming SMS emulator release!

olaf

I figure I would announce this here, since this is where i laid my claim to emulator fame. I finally found someone to add sound to my Sega Master System/Game Gear emulator, vbSMS+. vbt, the person who ported SMS Plus to the Sega Saturn, has now jumped on board to take over the sound area of my emulator. It's been almost 2 years since the last release, and with this new release it will become a matured emulator for sure. :thumbsup1:

Although SMS emulation doesn't require a load of horsepower, it's nice to see you working on this again. I think I gave your last release a spin, and it was pretty decent.

A vb based emulator will surely offer inherent performance increases for someone running an old box for the purposes of old games and emulators, provided well optimized.

If it interests you in the future, I'd love to see a vb NES emulator. I plan on picking up an old pentium class laptop at some point, to set up for my daughter and nesticle is just plain lacking and inaccurate.

The only vb based NES emulators I know of are poorly optimized, or just simply discontinued before being really useable.

I do recall checking out the last version of this a long while ago, back when we were both on the IRC channel...

Now post more, or I won't love you anymore.

(I'm just kidding, I could never stop loving you, olaf :thumbsup1: )

Links on site for olafnes not working, binary or source for either version.

Would like to have a look at both please.

Me too, but they're gone... gone forever.

In other news, sound is almost complete. I think vbt is also going to be fixing the Sega Game Gear support as well. :D