DS2Key 1.01 - Now with Windows and Linux console support

sypherce

I'm not sure how it's just setting it to "None", there is an option for it... what's the nationality of your keyboard input, is it just the standard american one or is it something else? I haven't tested unicode support and everything at this point, I don't know if it works or not. As for the arrow/numpad problem, it's a known problem, I do hope to fix it later in a future release, along with other things. If you find any other problems, please do report them here. That goes for everyone.

I'm using a standard american keyboard. When I click on a button and then choose "capture key press", it immediately sets the button to "none".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure how it's just setting it to "None", there is an option for it... what's the nationality of your keyboard input, is it just the standard american one or is it something else? I haven't tested unicode support and everything at this point, I don't know if it works or not. As for the arrow/numpad problem, it's a known problem, I do hope to fix it later in a future release, along with other things. If you find any other problems, please do report them here. That goes for everyone.

I'm using a standard american keyboard. When I click on a button and then choose "capture key press", it immediately sets the button to "none".

Typically is should show a window, and wait until you press a key, then if it's a key it doesn't know, I believe it may set it as "None". I'm wondering if something might be sending a signal that's messing things up. Are you able to test this on another computer to see if you get the same results? Also, what operating system are you using? Windows XP? Windows Vista? Versions not derived from Windows NT (and mabey before Windows XP even) might not work properly at this point.

I just tried it on my other PC and have the same result. Both are running XP.

I happen to have the save behaviour, but it sets the key to R instead of none. It seems to have solved by itself now :S

The only difference is that my NDS is powered off.

BTW what I can't acomplish is the mouse movement, all works great, but my mouse won't move. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe I have to set all mouse buttons to none?

About mouse buttons, It would be great if we could toogle mouse buttons ON/OFF with a mapped button to toogle between mouse buttons and mouse movement (maybe this is already this way and when mouse movement works for me I'll understand...)

EDIT: I guess I had to bind all mouse buttons to none to use the mouse movement.

The numlock status also affects the other keys on the numbers 1, 3, 7, 9, 0 and dot, I hope you can workaround that.

Edited by suloku

Just like to notify everyone I updated DS2Key. The link is updated in the first post.

Version 1.01 (Revision 44) January 20, 2009

1. Fixed bug with arrow keys sending numpad keys (2, 4, 6, 8).

2. Fixed GH Pad repeat bug reported blahblahblaster from gbadev.org.

3. Fixed CPU usage with server console versions.

4. Fixed repeated sending of "/p?".

5. Fixed a bug with the mouse cursor sending negative values, causing wrapping in the linux version.

Excuse me my mouse support wont work. or perhaps I just dont know how to use it. I've tried clicking the little mouse pointer on my ds. please help

You need to make sure all the "Mouse Buttons" are set to "None" then it should work.

Great, 1.01 works fantastic here. Expecting relative mouse movement!

BTW what do you think of an option to quickly switch profiles?

It could be using two buttons (profile+, profile-) or a single one cycling trough a max profile number set by the user.

That would be a great way of having mouse movement and the touch buttons in a quick access mode.

Also, any plans on adding support for keyboard combos?

Great, 1.01 works fantastic here. Expecting relative mouse movement!

It's already in the works. [Click]

BTW what do you think of an option to quickly switch profiles?

It could be using two buttons (profile+, profile-) or a single one cycling trough a max profile number set by the user.

That would be a great way of having mouse movement and the touch buttons in a quick access mode.

It is planned, but no work yet started. [Click]

Also, any plans on adding support for keyboard combos?

None yet, but it sounds like a good plan. Feel free to submit any wanted enhancements at the DS2Key project page. [Click]

All versions of DS2Key has worked fine for me. Except when trying them out on certain games. Once I'm in the game the none of the controls work. I try it in windowed mode and I can see the info being sent to the ds2key server but not doing anything to the game itself. Sad. Any ideas?

All versions of DS2Key has worked fine for me. Except when trying them out on certain games. Once I'm in the game the none of the controls work. I try it in windowed mode and I can see the info being sent to the ds2key server but not doing anything to the game itself. Sad. Any ideas?

What games exactly? Anything small (and free) that I could get my hands on?