---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

well i know this works for chipped xboxs but im not sure about softmodded xboxs.

if you look at your c drive in file explorer you will see your main dash files and the default.xbe for that particular dash.it might be called evodash.xbe or xomething else but anyway its a case of deleting the files out of your c drive and copying the files of coinops into your c drive.then you have to rename the default.xbe of coinops to evodash.xbe or whatever it was called before.

like i said i dont know if this works for softmodded xboxs but it works with my xecuter chipped xbox.

you can either ftp coinops to your c dash or if you have a couple of dashboards like unleashx then move the files with that,dont use xbmc if that is your main dash you are using.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Xbox doesn't have a softmod it's got a X2 bios. I found a solution to this it's not perfect but using a small xbox app called multilaunch it loads up coinops on power up in a matter of seconds with flubber screen disabled.

I still think it's a CoinOPS problem as every other .xbe file I pointed my bios to, to use as a dash worked fine.

Whether Chipped or Softmodded most methods use a unofficial bios which searches your your boot drive C for a file called evoxdash.xbe, this seems to have been the standard adopted by all bios programmers whether BFM,Evox, M8, X2 as Evox was the granddaddy of dashboards n bioses. Therfore for you to boot XBMC as your usual dash you may have used 2 basic methods ie firstly you could have your xbmc directory extracted directly to your c: drive with the default xbe renamed to evoxdash.xbe or alternatively you could be using the shortcut method whereby one places a shortcut named evoxdash.xbe in the root of your c: drive, this shortcut will have been made on a pc and its job is to point to a real directory ie e:/xbmc/default.xbe or f:/xbmc/default.xbe. The second method is my prefered method because everything is stored in its correct directory and only the shortcut needs modifying to change your xbox's function.

Having said that i can probably help you if you gave more information.

• 2 years later...

Great advantage of using CoinOPS is that on CoinOPS when filter antialiasing is turned off this emulator rocks! Sharpen pixel graphics with no blur at all - and better than that - with no screen tearing or other annoying graphic artifact!

Great advantage of using CoinOPS is that on CoinOPS when filter antialiasing is turned off this emulator rocks! Sharpen pixel graphics with no blur at all - and better than that - with no screen tearing or other annoying graphic artifact!