---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know when the final release will be available?

well SF2MJ, coinops is a work in progress, so far as a final release goes there won't be one for some time to come and when that day does come it will be a sad day for all of us!

however for the latest updated release there is coinops gold with BritneysPAIRS recommended roms and a coinops gold standalone which has no roms, both of them are floating around out there for download.

Hi i am new to mame for xbox. I'ver searched around and found that there is:

mameox

mamedox platinum 2 ---downloading now

mamedox platinum 2 arcade patch

coinops------i just downloaded ------"CoinOPS_Mamedox_Final-iND"

also the guy uploaded all the roms in rapidshare.

there is coinops 2nd

coinops 3rd

and coinops gold.

So what do i do?

Whats the difference between mamedox 2 pla. and the arcade patch? It comes and lets it run more games?

Whats the difference between mamedox 2 pla and coinops? comes and lets it run more games?

Is coinops and mamedox 2 different emulators? or is coinops a patch to mamedox 2 pla arcade?

This is the way i see it.

U install mamedox 2 platinum. Then u put the arcade patch. Then u override mamedox with coinops? then u override coinops with coinops 2nd, then third, then finally coinops gold?

I will ftp to my xbox. I am currently getting mamedox 2 platinum, its 3 gigs. So it comes with roms. Then the arcade has more roms? So then i have more roms. Coinops ive heard is 4gigs. Are the roms in the 4gig coinops the same as the one in mamedox 2 pla arcade? If it is, i can just download the standalone right?

mamedox 2 pla arcade and coin ops go in different folders? Or does coinops override it?

Also, i am wondering why mortal kombat (best fighting game ever made, next to street fighter imo) is not playable.

Thx. I am a bit confused.

P.S. Can i ask for a demonoid invite here? Or maybe Underground gamer? Cause i found coinOPS Gold standalone for xbox - mame arcade emulator posted by "tranzor" but i cant download it. And is the one he uploaded the latest gold edition?

Hi all,

I have been a great fan of this project from the very beginning. So far I managed to keep track of all the versions and updates. I put them on my xbox every time a new version came out. So far so good...

I even found the standalone version of coinops gold and wrote it over my existing coinops plus folder on my xbox.

I now have a 4.9 Gb sized CoinOps Gold Folder.

My question is: Am I up to date? I read all pages of this thread and I feel like I am missing the latest roms for my coinops gold.

I looked everywhere but even bt sky doesn't have the promised "full" package.

Could anybody please PM me some links to the missing roms? I hate the feeling of not being up to date when it comes to UBER-AWESOME coinops GOLD :thumbsup1:

Thanks in advance,

DrTek from Germany

CoinOPS Ignite will be out in a few weeks.... and will be released properly as a full and standalone version. They will diff a bit.

Full = Allow games to be added / removed off by default

Standalone = Allow games to be added / removed on by default

slight skinning diffs

im adding in some more options and a new thread will be out soon... this release was botched and it was all I asked people to do :thumbsup1:

Hi i am new to mame for xbox. I'ver searched around and found that there is:

mameox

mamedox platinum 2 ---downloading now

mamedox platinum 2 arcade patch

coinops------i just downloaded ------"CoinOPS_Mamedox_Final-iND"

also the guy uploaded all the roms in rapidshare.

there is coinops 2nd

coinops 3rd

and coinops gold.

So what do i do?

Whats the difference between mamedox 2 pla. and the arcade patch? It comes and lets it run more games?

Whats the difference between mamedox 2 pla and coinops? comes and lets it run more games?

Is coinops and mamedox 2 different emulators? or is coinops a patch to mamedox 2 pla arcade?

This is the way i see it.

U install mamedox 2 platinum. Then u put the arcade patch. Then u override mamedox with coinops? then u override coinops with coinops 2nd, then third, then finally coinops gold?

I will ftp to my xbox. I am currently getting mamedox 2 platinum, its 3 gigs. So it comes with roms. Then the arcade has more roms? So then i have more roms. Coinops ive heard is 4gigs. Are the roms in the 4gig coinops the same as the one in mamedox 2 pla arcade? If it is, i can just download the standalone right?

mamedox 2 pla arcade and coin ops go in different folders? Or does coinops override it?

Also, i am wondering why mortal kombat (best fighting game ever made, next to street fighter imo) is not playable.

Thx. I am a bit confused.

P.S. Can i ask for a demonoid invite here? Or maybe Underground gamer? Cause i found coinOPS Gold standalone for xbox - mame arcade emulator posted by "tranzor" but i cant download it. And is the one he uploaded the latest gold edition?

if you have mamedox plat2 and the arcades patch along with coinops gold.

then just keep the roms and screenshots of arcades and plat2.then put them in the coinops gold standalone folder.then you are good to go.

use coinops gold as its the newest version of mame.

edit/there was also a coinops second quarter patch so if you have mame plat2,arcades patch and the second quarter patch then you are pretty much covered for the roms.it comes to about 970 roms.

Mame roms are very easy to get a hold of, even complete sets, at least minus the chds. I'll PM the link for CoinOPS Gold standalone with screenshots to whoever wants it, then all you need to do is source the roms. Shouldn't be a problem.

I got it working. What i did was i made a Mamedox Folder on the pc and a Coinops folder as well.

I extrected mamedox arcades patch to the original mamedox folder and overwrote. Then i ran qwix (FLASHFXP IS SO DAMN SLOW). I iso'd the file then shipped it to the box(took like 2mins :) ) So i have a mamedox acades on the xbox with the roms that came with the original mamedox 2 pla.

Now, i got Coinops Final Ind.(I believe this is the first version?) then i got Coinops + and extracted it to Coinops Final folder...overrote exerything. Then i got Coinops GoldStandalone and extraceted that to the Coinops + folder. Now i have Coinops Gold with no roms lol (im going to use the ones in the mamedox). I iso'd with qwix and shipped it to the xbox.

Note= I copied all three save files = babeface, 4d411xxxx, 4d411xx, i dont remember the exact name.

Anyway Coinops Gold loaded very nice. And it found the roms that were in the Mamedox folder.

Mamedox is at F:\Hddloader\Mamedox

CoinopsGoldStandalone = F:\Hddloader\Coinops GOLD

Coinops gold did find the roms in mamedox and i was happy :)

The thing is i dont have the roms that came with Coinops gold...

There is a torrent file at btjunkie with the name "MAME_Plus___6000_Roms___Extras_Deluxe__www_SpaTorrent_com_.torrent"

Should i download it? Its like 19 gigs? And there are probably duplicates? And would it run with Coinops if i just copied it there? I tried running UMK3 (my fave game) but ofc i dont have the rom for it...

So i set it up all perfectly? And what should i do about the rom problem?

Gavin whats a chds? When u say source the roms what do u mean? Like download it? And run it through Romcenter or something? I dont know how to use romcenter. It basically uses a dat file that BP gave to fix the rom?

Note: I skipped from Coinops FInal to Coinops + (third) then to CoinOps Gold. I didnt donwload the Coinops Second standalone patch. Im assuming i dont need it? Because Coinops 3 already has its patches as well as the new ones? Im just missing the roms that came with coinops 2nd patch.right?

BP said this release was a failure when it came to distribution (or he implied) if he didnt then I interpreted wrong. He said he was going to release another version CoinOps Ignite? I dont remember the name but he said itd be done in the coming weeks and he would make sure that people would release the full version with the roms.

Edited by I Nameless I

The thing is i dont have the roms that came with Coinops gold...

There is a torrent file at btjunkie with the name "MAME_Plus___6000_Roms___Extras_Deluxe__www_SpaTorrent_com_.torrent"

Should i download it? Its like 19 gigs? And there are probably duplicates? And would it run with Coinops if i just copied it there? I tried running UMK3 (my fave game) but ofc i dont have the rom for it...

So i set it up all perfectly? And what should i do about the rom problem?

Gavin whats a chds? When u say source the roms what do u mean? Like download it? And run it through Romcenter or something? I dont know how to use romcenter. It basically uses a dat file that BP gave to fix the rom?

A full Mame set is around 16gigs. The other few gigs would be previews, artwork, flyers etc, nothing that CoinOPS would use anyway. Apart from the fact that it would take forever to download, CoinOPS only uses about a quarter of the full set. Something like BAED3 has 90%+ of the roms you would need, and it's only 4gigs. Maybe that's still alive somewhere? CHDs are compressed hard drive files that you could use on PC Mame but they aren't needed for CoinOPS.

I don't know which of the DATs you should even use to make roms compliant with CoinOPS. If someone has made one or knows which one to use then maybe they could point you in the right direction? Romcenter is pretty easy to use compared to ClrMame, try searching for the tutorial on the home page or elsewhere.

Alright so I am not up to date. My CoinOPS Gold main menu says 1010 games when sorted by name. Since it will take too long leeching 16Gigs with my lame German internet as suggested I will wait for the IGNITE version. Distribution of the Gold version WITH the new roms indeed was a desaster since it's nowhere to be found.

Edited by drtek