---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

So like I said, it has to do with when I re-scan for roms, which seems to be neccessary to find more roms than the original ones included with the set-up.

I just installed the newest CoinOPS on a new (old) Xbox. The latest version is missing the 'Scan for roms' option so obviously you are running an older build. IIRC there was a bug when scanning for roms that wiped settings, but this was rectified in a later version.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay for FuManchu. I took your advice, wiped the hard drive clean, put the original TDATA and UDATA back on the Xbox, and burnt a new copy of CoinOPS Gold with all versions (2 player and 4 player) of TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons on the DVD-R.

I start it up - I see one listing each for TMNT, TMNT 2 and The Simpsons. They all work (obviously) but are only the original two player versions that have been listed every single time I've tried thusfar.

So - like I was saying, I had to go to Settings, enable Add Games, then I scanned for new roms, and all the TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons versions show up (or course) but again my problem remains:

All highlighted in yellow/red roms are no longer highlighted, and the sound is enabled again for all Midway games, including NBA Hangtime, which makes them unplayable.

So like I said, it has to do with when I re-scan for roms, which seems to be neccessary to find more roms than the original ones included with the set-up.

did you download coinops final ind by any chance?

I just installed the newest CoinOPS on a new (old) Xbox. The latest version is missing the 'Scan for roms' option so obviously you are running an older build. IIRC there was a bug when scanning for roms that wiped settings, but this was rectified in a later version.

I'm running CoinOPS Gold, which I believe came out last week or the week before.

What you may be experiencing is that "Scan For Roms" is not there by default. In CoinOPS Gold you have to go into settings and Enable it. So I believe I am running the newest version.

Okay for FuManchu. I took your advice, wiped the hard drive clean, put the original TDATA and UDATA back on the Xbox, and burnt a new copy of CoinOPS Gold with all versions (2 player and 4 player) of TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons on the DVD-R.

I start it up - I see one listing each for TMNT, TMNT 2 and The Simpsons. They all work (obviously) but are only the original two player versions that have been listed every single time I've tried thusfar.

So - like I was saying, I had to go to Settings, enable Add Games, then I scanned for new roms, and all the TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons versions show up (or course) but again my problem remains:

All highlighted in yellow/red roms are no longer highlighted, and the sound is enabled again for all Midway games, including NBA Hangtime, which makes them unplayable.

did you download coinops final ind by any chance?

I did not download CoinOPS Final Ind. I believe I had the first CoinOPS until last week, when I got CoinOPS Gold.

Ok what has heppened is you scrambled the DB some how go into E:/Tdata/babe face and remove the 3 files except for the mameox.ini or whatever the ini is called. Or you can delete the babeface saves and then replace the save from the disc back on. This will rebuild the DB from scratch and fix cross lining issues :) good luck

Ok what has heppened is you scrambled the DB some how go into E:/Tdata/babe face and remove the 3 files except for the mameox.ini or whatever the ini is called. Or you can delete the babeface saves and then replace the save from the disc back on. This will rebuild the DB from scratch and fix cross lining issues :) good luck

Okay, first off, thanks so much for helping out.

I went into E/TDATA/BABEFACE/ and I got rid of them all besides Mameox.ini

When I did this, I started CoinOps and all the yellow highlighted, red highlighted and sound disabled games lost their settings again, so that didn't work.

As for the second thing you said - I'm a little confused

"Or you can delete the babeface saves and then replace the save from the disc back on. This will rebuild the DB from scratch and fix cross lining issues"

If you're saying to replace all the saves on TDATA/UDATA and replace them from the original CoinOPS Gold Rar, I have done that a few times and it hasn't worked.

I know I've said this three times already, but I'm booting this from a DVD-R. Does that change anything? I remember I had to edit the ini files for some emulators in the past to run from a disc.

Thanks again

if it didnt rebuild the DB when you deleted the 3 files from tdata/facebabe you are using the wrong version of CoinOPS its NOT CoinOPS Gold and doesnt support the features you want

Hmm.. I really appreciate your help and time to work with me on this, and I hope this doesn't too contrary but I am very sure it is CoinOPS Gold. My Xbox says that is the name of the disc, and it comes up as CoinOps Gold when I open it ...I also never had any Midway releases before whatsoever, and all I downloaded was the CoinOPS Gold directly from the first link that was put up and got this new emulator and rom/set, so it definitely is CoinOPS Gold. I didn't even have a different version of CoinOps on my PC when I downloaded it.

When I deleted the three files you told me to delete, and started the game, it came up ("CoinOPS Gold" - Press Any Button) and when I pressed a button, the screen went black for a second and then said "Welcome To CoinOPS - Please Wait.." while a blue bar crawled across the screen. It then says "Searching For Games" and then "Checking Against Known Games" and finally everything came up.

When it loads, it loads all the roms on the disk, but again, has no highlighted yellow/red games, and no sound-disabled, which makes NBA Hangtime unplayable.

I really am sure this is CoinOPS Gold and if there's any specific file or feature I could look for in making sure of this, I'd be happy to look for it and verify that.

I'm not sure if you saw this but I wanted to reiterate:

After I get it to the point where I've rescanned for roms, and none of the games are highlighted and the Midway game are no longer sound-disabled...

..I turn on the system, FTP in these files from the original folder again:

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/DRIVERS.list

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/MAMEoX.ini

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/ROMS.list

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/ROMS.metadata

And they reset it to having all the games highlighted and the sound disabled again (but again, no four-player TMNT or Simpsons)

Thanks so much again

Also - I decided to test it by putting CoinOPS Gold onto my Xbox hard drive (as opposed to running it off a DVD-R like I've been doing).

When running it off a hard drive, it works!

It starts with the normal set-up, I rescan for the new games I added (TMNT, Simpsons) and it finds them, as well as keeps the red/yellow highlighted games, and the sound-disabling for all Midway games!

Unfortunately, I can't run it off the hard drive, as I have too much on there, and I run all my emulators off DVD-Rs.

So obviously, this can be done, and I really feel like the romstatus.xml file is just not being found after a rescan of roms when you're running it from a DVD-R.

not working on DVD rom sorry

Well thanks for your help. But, after playing all the other CoinOPS off DVD's, and playing this one on DVD without a single problem besides the current one - wouldn't it be easy to run it off a DVD?

It seems like the only thing missing is the link to the romstatus.xml file.

Unfortunately for me I won't be able to play this one until it's able to run off a disc.

I really hope it'll be able to run off a disc. If there's anything I can do to help I'd be happy to do so

Thanks again

not working on DVD rom sorry

Hey

Worked on it for a few hours and I have the entire thing working from a DVD rom now. I figured out the problems.

If you want to run it from a DVD, you must copy over the TDATA and UDATA saves to your Xbox hard drive.

Then you must copy over (from the main CoinOps folder, to the "TDATA/babeface/" folder on your Xbox hard drive):

autobootsaves

cfg

general

hdimages

hiscores

ini

nvram

Copy those folders again from the MAIN CoinOPS folder to E/TDATA/babeface on your Xbox

PS - not sure if you need them all. You probably only need 'general' to be moved over but haven't tested it yet.

Thanks BritneysPAIRS. You made a great program and helped me narrow down the problem.