---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

But when I went to play NBA Hangtime with four players, it lagged incredibly, to the point where it was unplayable

NBA Hangtime is a Midway game which is known to struggle, along with the likes of Mortal Kombat. The only solution at the minute is to disable sound.

Does the 2-player version perform any better?

Check out the spreadsheet here for information/issues with games.

You know what? Now that I think about it, when I first got Coinops Gold, there was an icon in the corner of NBA Hangtime on the game select screen indicating that it had sound disabled, and now it's missing. Maybe disabling the sound will fix this...

I just went and checked and sure enough, NBA Jam, NBA Jam TE, and all the Mortal Kombat games no longer have the icon to show no sound, so the sound is probably enabled.

How do you manually disable the sound?

the sound in these games are off anyway you cant switch them back on.whatever you did to your ingame settings i suggest you delete your gamesave and do a fresh install of the gamesave.

Well, I did switch on the same in the game somehow.

Anyway - yes, I replaced the UDATA and TDATA folders and it seemed to fix this problem. Thanks.

I wonder how in the hell I switched it off? I again, changed it to four-player mode, knowing how to fix the problem if it comes up again. But it didn't. So I think we're set with that.

But I do have a big problem.

The reason this originally started was because I wanted to add the four-player versions of TMNT, TMNT 2, Simpsons, etc.

Whenever you "Scan For New Roms", it deletes some settings previously existing: including TURNING OFF THE SOUND IN NBA HANGTIME AND OTHER MIDWAY GAMES!

That was the problem! So how do I add roms (TMNT, TMNT 2, Simpsons) to my list without losing the settings that allow NBA Hangtime to play?

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is incoreect..... id say you are using diff rom set the romstatus.xml if the names match they will turn off.

Check the romstatus.xml stuff in the readme

Hmm. Well I'll tell you what I did to see if we can figure it out.

- I copied the UDATA and TDATA to my E partition on the Xbox

- Burned CoinOPS GOLD to a DVD-R

- All games are playable at this point, with the exact romset that was included with the release, including the two-player versions of Simpsons and TMNT

Okay, so when I added TMNT and Simpsons:

- I simply added the roms to the folder "roms", and deleted the original TMNT, TMNT 2 and Simpsons.

- Deleted TDATA and UDATA on the Xbox, and put the original folders back on

- I burned the CoinOPS disc again with the new games

- When I turn it on, if I go to play (example:) TMNT, it won't work (as it starts up with all favorites selected, sound off Midway games, lightgun games highlighted in red, etc) because it is looking for the two player game

- I go to "Settings" on the game select screen, and ENABLE "Games Can Be Added Or Removed"

- Go back to Game Select, go to Scan For New Games

- It scans, and finds the TMNT game (now listed as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (4 Player)") but now all favorites are de-selected, no games are highlighted in red, and all Midway games have sound enabled

Since the first time, I have completely wiped the Save Settings from my harddrive and tried it over again three different times, using the exact same steps.

Finally, I did edit the romstatus.xml file. I changed

"<Rom name="tmnt2po" version="?">

<Status></Status>

<StatusNumber>4</StatusNumber>

</Rom>"

(which was the two player version) to

"<Rom name="tmnt" version="?">

<Status></Status>

<StatusNumber>4</StatusNumber>

</Rom>"

(which was the four player version).

But the problem is quite obviously that when it re-scans, it stops paying attention to (my guess) something in the UDATA/TDATA files. I believe this because if I replace them again, everything goes back to normal (and I again, cannot see the TMNT 4 player games).

I tried to be as descriptive as possible and let you know everything I'm doing exactly. So what do you think I'm doing wrong?

Also...if this helps, I just did it again (same results)

And I've narrowed this down:

After I get it to the point where I've rescanned for roms, and none of the game are highlighted and the Midway game are no longer sound-disabled...

..I turn on the system, FTP in these different files:

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/DRIVERS.list

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/MAMEoX.ini

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/ROMS.list

TDATA/babeface/SYSTEM/ROMS.metadata

And replace the ones there, everything goes back to normal - are the highlighted games are highlighted, Midway has sound off (and again, I can't see the TMNT 4 player games).

Don't know if this helps but thought it might narrow it down. Thanks for the help everyone.

put the games you deleted back in so you have the 2player and 4 player versions.

I thought about that but I don't see how that will help CoinOPS see the 4 Player versions when I start the system (as they are obviously not there). I mean I'll do it if it will help but I really don't think it will. The problem has to be from when you "scan for roms" and all the settings just go away

ive got the 2player and 4 player versions sitting in my hdd of turtles and the simpsons.if they dont show up when you try it then i suggest you leave the roms in and do a clean install of the emulator.

edit to add/i am sure that the 2 player versions are the parent roms and you need them in order to play the 4 player versions.

ive got the 2player and 4 player versions sitting in my hdd of turtles and the simpsons.if they dont show up when you try it then i suggest you leave the roms in and do a clean install of the emulator.

edit to add/i am sure that the 2 player versions are the parent roms and you need them in order to play the 4 player versions.

Alright. I'll give it a shot - but obviously the problem here is that all the highlighted games/sound-disabled games are changing, not that the TMNT/Simpsons games don't show up right away. I don't mind re-scanning for them at all, I just want the sound-disabling to work after I re-scan.

Also - I'm sure that the 2 player versions are not neccessary to play the 4 player versions, because the four player versions are all I had before. This is the 6th or 7th different emulator I've had (CoinOPS is the best) and even in the last CoinOPS - the four player versions, again, were all I had and they worked.

Also - I'll restate that the four player versions work in CoinOPS Gold as well (without the two player versions).

For TMNT and the Simpsons it's the 4-player World roms which are the parents.

There are 3 different versions of NBA Hangtime and they are all 4-players? I remember playing this years ago and I'm 90% sure it was a 4-way cab.

For TMNT and the Simpsons it's the 4-player World roms which are the parents.

There are 3 different versions of NBA Hangtime and they are all 4-players? I remember playing this years ago and I'm 90% sure it was a 4-way cab.

Yeah. I've been playing the TMNT and Simpsons games for years, only the four player versions.

I have no problem getting the NBA Hangtime rom to work with four players, but I can't get CoinOPS Gold to recognize the four player versions of Simpsons or TMNT without rescanning for them (as they weren't included in the original release)

And when I do that, many of the settings go away, including the setting the disables all sound in Midway games (NBA Hangtime) making it playable. Otherwise, it's non-playable (2 or 4 player).

I'm waiting for a response from BritneysPAIRS as I'm sure he will obviously know the most about the whole set-up.

Okay for FuManchu. I took your advice, wiped the hard drive clean, put the original TDATA and UDATA back on the Xbox, and burnt a new copy of CoinOPS Gold with all versions (2 player and 4 player) of TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons on the DVD-R.

I start it up - I see one listing each for TMNT, TMNT 2 and The Simpsons. They all work (obviously) but are only the original two player versions that have been listed every single time I've tried thusfar.

So - like I was saying, I had to go to Settings, enable Add Games, then I scanned for new roms, and all the TMNT, TMNT 2, and Simpsons versions show up (or course) but again my problem remains:

All highlighted in yellow/red roms are no longer highlighted, and the sound is enabled again for all Midway games, including NBA Hangtime, which makes them unplayable.

So like I said, it has to do with when I re-scan for roms, which seems to be neccessary to find more roms than the original ones included with the set-up.