---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

that is a corrected build...... your using :) everything should be great in that build including dats etc its a pity the release for it was messed up in the next build id recommend people make a effort on another thread to get together and get it happening correctly. As I wont be doing it :huh:

Drop me a line on MSN BP when the next release is ready and I will upload it to as many places as I can. There will be no more confusion from now on as to which version is the 'proper' one.

Appreciated as always.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all info supplied looks correct.... cheers Gavin ive taged BETA now to the Build and will rebrand the next one. Id truely recommend its released properly as the next one the stanalone and full will be diff slightly

You should nominate 2 or 3 trustworthy people to spread your releases like gavin19 and RastanX.

Edited by Vegeta

Hey I have a quick question - first off, CoinOps is great, as always.

My question is this - I just got CoinOps Gold. I tried to play NBA Hangtime with four players, and was only able to get two controllers to register (even though it's under the "Four Players" section).

So I pressed BACK and WHITE to get to Game Settings and was able to change it to a "4 Player Cabinet" and then the controllers worked. Great!

My question is: The game I would play the most are The Simpsons, TMNT, TMNT 2, X-Men, etc. All four player games. I went to play the Simpsons today and it wouldn't read more than two controllers. I figured I could fix this the same way, but when I pressed BACK and WHITE in-game, it didn't have the option "Game Settings" so I couldn't change it.

I also noticed that Simpsons was listed under the "Two Players" section.

So my question is basically, how do I make the Simpsons arcade four player? And hopefully, for any other games - Xmen, TMNT, etc (which I haven't checked yet) will it be the same process?

you need to download the 4 player version of the roms,coinops usually comes with 2 player versions depending on what has been requested so just download the 4 player version scan for new roms and your good to go.

Thanks very much! I really hope that works. All the previous versions of Coinops I downloaded had the four player versions and I still have those versions. I'll throw them in and see if it all works out.

Thanks again!

no probs it will work fine.

Okay so I added the four player games that weren't there (TMNT, Simpsons, etc) and they all worked fine. Thanks very much for that!

But when I went to play NBA Hangtime with four players, it lagged incredibly, to the point where it was unplayable

If it helps, when I go to Game Settings (in-game) these are the settings:

Test Switch: Off

Powerup Test: Off

Bill Validator: Off

Cabinet: 4-player

Counters: One, 1/1

Coinage: 1

Coinage Source: CMOS

I changed it back to a "2-player" cabinet and it lags just as poorly.

Can anyone tell me how to make four players playable, or at least get two player-mode back?

Thanks

But when I went to play NBA Hangtime with four players, it lagged incredibly, to the point where it was unplayable

NBA Hangtime is a Midway game which is known to struggle, along with the likes of Mortal Kombat. The only solution at the minute is to disable sound.

Does the 2-player version perform any better?

Check out the spreadsheet here for information/issues with games.

Can you please try to emulate Martial Masters.I would love to be able to play that on mt t.v. instead of my pc.

dont think the xbox has the horsepower for that would like to be proved wrong though.

NBA Hangtime is a Midway game which is known to struggle, along with the likes of Mortal Kombat. The only solution at the minute is to disable sound.

You know what? Now that I think about it, when I first got Coinops Gold, there was an icon in the corner of NBA Hangtime on the game select screen indicating that it had sound disabled, and now it's missing. Maybe disabling the sound will fix this...

I just went and checked and sure enough, NBA Jam, NBA Jam TE, and all the Mortal Kombat games no longer have the icon to show no sound, so the sound is probably enabled.

How do you manually disable the sound?

You know what? Now that I think about it, when I first got Coinops Gold, there was an icon in the corner of NBA Hangtime on the game select screen indicating that it had sound disabled, and now it's missing. Maybe disabling the sound will fix this...

I just went and checked and sure enough, NBA Jam, NBA Jam TE, and all the Mortal Kombat games no longer have the icon to show no sound, so the sound is probably enabled.

How do you manually disable the sound?

the sound in these games are off anyway you cant switch them back on.whatever you did to your ingame settings i suggest you delete your gamesave and do a fresh install of the gamesave.