---== CoinOPS GOLD ==---

BritneysPAIRS

its ok if a public beta was done which I have no issues with I would have taged it in code to tell you its a beta to save confusion. Right now it can pass as legit. I will now assemble a build using that code base with a few little upgrades but new features like autofire etc can hold back to save confusion.

I now need BETA TESTERS to give me faults on this build it will be the one I release (plus updated highscores and updated help add Dats and a few other little bits)

ALSO NEED someone who has coinops+ and wants to release CoinOPS Gold I can tell them how to assemble it.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ok if a public beta was done which I have no issues with I would have taged it in code to tell you its a beta to save confusion. Right now it can pass as legit. I will now assemble a build using that code base with a few little upgrades but new features like autofire etc can hold back to save confusion.

I now need BETA TESTERS to give me faults on this build it will be the one I release (plus updated highscores and updated help add Dats and a few other little bits)

ALSO NEED someone who has coinops+ and wants to release CoinOPS Gold I can tell them how to assemble it.

hey bp i offered to beta test for you, and sent you the pm, but have yet to hear a response from you. Id like to help if possible. :)

HF-

for run and gun to work on mame on pc was to press service mode and reset at the same time to bypass the eeprom crap. So if you can setup the buttons and do it once, you should be able to play it although I doubt it will play well but worth a shot to try.

Hey Bp, just tested a bunch of games i added from bendermame and havin some issues (just to let you know about game issues)

gauntlet 2-keeps resetting itself, cant load coins, will not respond to controls

vs super mario brothers-really bad sound issues, gets laggy and echoing all the time sound effects and music

cool pool and 9 ball shootout- fatal earrors supposed to use 8 bit handlers but uses 16 bit handlers

namco classics vol 2 -fatal error video emulation problems

as far as bugs go, i havent encountered anything yet that has not been found, it did lock up on me once when exiting fixeight after playing ninja turtles II, but hasnt happened again.

Just thought id shoot what i have found game-wise. You have done a really great job on this, i have no complaints on the frontend, it took me some getting used to, but this is a really great emu. Ill have you some more results later. once again, overall great job!! :)

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

gauntlet works fine :) if you use the set that works other ones reboot look though my list you will find the set that works.... the other games have never been mentioned go into the spreadsheet that is all I support as no one recommended others to fix. What is 8bit hander and 16bit handler?

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

gauntlet works fine :D if you use the set that works other ones reboot look though my list you will find the set that works.... the other games have never been mentioned go into the spreadsheet that is all I support as no one recommended others to fix. What is 8bit hander and 16bit handler?

lol about the handler, im not sure bp, the error message is cpu uses wrong handler, uses 16 bit should be 8, i guess i should tell the little man inside my box to handle it right, lol :)

I should have used the file for gauntlet 2, i will go back and run through it and see if i using the right rom.

thanks again and ill have more info for you shortly,

HF-

edit** hey bp added 3 games to the need to be added datasheet.

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

vs mario played fine......a little sluggish

- 0.96u2: Changed 9-Ball Shootout (set 1) from a clone of Cool Pool to parent. Aaron Giles fixed the coolpool.c driver - Game now playable. Removed flags dispose from rom region user1. so it doesnt work in .84 mame

0.86u3: namco zinc sound controller fixed so not working in .84 by looks

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

vs mario played fine......a little sluggish

- 0.96u2: Changed 9-Ball Shootout (set 1) from a clone of Cool Pool to parent. Aaron Giles fixed the coolpool.c driver - Game now playable. Removed flags dispose from rom region user1. so it doesnt work in .84 mame

0.86u3: namco zinc sound controller fixed so not working in .84 by looks

ok sounds good bp, i guess i should have checked maws first to see driver status and when games where made playable. I will wait until you start asking about adding drivers and games and then i will list you some games you might want to try adding. There are alot of good mame games that will run on xbox coinops or whatnot when you start adding/fixing drivers. I can make you a list sometime if you like to take a look.

Im still testing the frontend for bugs but other people prob would have found something by now but you never know, im still testing exiting games, the hi score saving function and other things that might make a bug rear it's ugly head. Illl have some more info here this afternoon.

Can't wait to start adding new games, as fumanchu stated viper phase 1 would be a great addition, as well as the 9 ball shoout, twin cobra II, rail chase, well rail chase is in kenshiro's fba build but not keymapped yet as well as galaxy force II, i think the sega fd games have a bug.

As always great work and thanks for giving me opportunity to test, I will help keep up the good fight!!

:)

HF-

Edited by XxHellsFuryxX

no probs bp i want post up that beta.i will just wait until the standalone is finished.

config for ashura blade put into dat sheet.