WinKawaks v Mame : what is the difference

rook2pawn

Do they use different drivers (cps1.c for mame)? anyone have opinion about performance in kawaks vs mame for sf2 games?

also .. ive now gotten sf2t working in kawaks and mame32 0.64... but... i have no idea what to fix or how to fix my MameUI... for sf2t... has anyone gotten sf2t working in mameUI .127u4 ?please tell me how ..

im also curious if people think its preferable to play in WinKawaks for their CPS1 games over Mame

Personally, I use neither for CPS-1. It's either the good old Callus (yes, you read right) or the newer FBA builds. Simply speaking, the reason you can get the game to work with MAMEUI is because the romset you have is too old, and not supported as is by MAME.

• 1 year later...
Do they use different drivers (cps1.c for mame)? anyone have opinion about performance in kawaks vs mame for sf2 games?

also .. ive now gotten sf2t working in kawaks and mame32 0.64... but... i have no idea what to fix or how to fix my MameUI... for sf2t... has anyone gotten sf2t working in mameUI .127u4 ?please tell me how ..

im also curious if people think its preferable to play in WinKawaks for their CPS1 games over Mame

I, myself, prefer winkawaks. The simple reason is that I can use Macros, to assign super moves to one key, something that isn't in the versions of MAME I've used.