Want to buy new PC

Lucandrake

So ever since I got my first PC in middle school one of the things I've always wanted to do was get a PC made specifically for gaming. Now I have the chance to do that, and my budget is $2,000.

I tried looking at alien-ware first because that's what I remember being good way back before I hit puberty, well, lets just say I managed to past the budget by merely adding liquid cooling and a out-dated processor, so scratch that! I did a little searching and ran into this site, Cyber Power PC. Now every time I make something, I usually hit a little past the 2,000 limit, or whenever I go under the limit I end up screwed somewhere (last time I couldn't get a monitor). I need help x.x, suggestions on parts under the budget please! If there is a better site please direct me to it as well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didn't compare the sites... but here is where someone once directed me for parts.

Newegg

This is all I can do, as functionality and such is beyond my full understanding as of now. But I know there will be alot of help from the other members, as I had a similar situation way back when.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... Well... I guess in this day, It works, as the market is flooded... BUT... You could stand to cut costs from 50 - 300+% by being ultra selective and patient. I knew a guy who built his own rig though... and still ended up spending about 5000+ dollars. Overclocked Quad with 2 gigs of DDR per core... just because. Everything he had was specifically selected to have the least amount of issues with other corresponding components. That lucky (rich ass) bastard.

You stand to get a better Rig if you build it. I really really recommend it, as thats alot of money... Id want to make the most outa my buck. I'm sure there are other points to be made, for/against this idea I suppose.

Just wait and see what the other members have to say... I think Cinder, and ShibatheDog would have alot of input. This thread should fill out a bit when it gets noticed.

Edited by Belthasar

For 5 grand... That sh!t better transform and do the robot. It should also hover off the desk... and be powered by mini black holes so I never need to plug it in. Thats overkill... and silly... but for 5 grand, it better do some amazing crap... other than have over 60 fps on Crysis. I forgot what his benchmarks were. He told me but I don't really know what the hell it all means... I do but... well not really. I just know the obvious. Play a ridiculous game that requires too much resource, and the system measures how your rig handles it.

Well what... are you just lazy? Or don't want to run the risk of cracking the CPU when you apply the clamps to the heatsink after you apply that gel. My buddy almost shat himself while setting up his board. If you were patient... You would have a killer rig. Are you sure you just want to buy it out of the box?

So ever since I got my first PC in middle school one of the things I've always wanted to do was get a PC made specifically for gaming. Now I have the chance to do that, and my budget is $2,000.

I tried looking at alien-ware first because that's what I remember being good way back before I hit puberty, well, lets just say I managed to past the budget by merely adding liquid cooling and a out-dated processor, so scratch that! I did a little searching and ran into this site, Cyber Power PC. Now every time I make something, I usually hit a little past the 2,000 limit, or whenever I go under the limit I end up screwed somewhere (last time I couldn't get a monitor). I need help x.x, suggestions on parts under the budget please! If there is a better site please direct me to it as well.

Well, i would suggest building your own, or getting a friend to help you. If so, Newegg.com would be the way to go. But, if you really just want to order a pre built one, I would suggest ibuypower.com. You can easily put a pc together for less than 2k on their site. That's with a monitor, keyboard etc. I don't think you need to go with a quad core, sli and all that. It would be overkill for most people. Stay modest, but practical, and you should be fine.

I can't be patient, like I said before I've been wanting a rig like this ever since middle school, I'm being patient now as it is :P.

Also it's not the risk of self-building since I'm pretty confident I can (I remember cinder describing it as red part goes in red slot), it's more of a, how the money will be dealt, it's not all up-front.

BUILD IT!!!! So far, everyone is leaning towards that. Me gave a suggestion for a site to visit if you are really inclined to just get it over with... BUT... I think you should spend your money wisely, and just build it. Thats alot of dough brother.

Just build the damn thing!!! Thats alot of coin to just be throwing around. Dont waste your cash!!!

Edited by Belthasar

I spent around $600 for the desktop you see in my sig. When I built it, cost in a store? Thousands for sure, and that's just the PC itself.

Hell I don't know if you'd even be able to buy half the stuff I used in a store. The higher end components aren't used by pre-fab builders.

ANY of the "Gaming PC" manufacturers you will find, SUCK! PERIOD! They charge you 3-5x as much as you'd pay to build it yourself, and no you are not getting what you think you are getting. It's called "wording" and as long as the item(s) in question conform to the basic wording they use, you get what you were told you were getting........but you're not.

As for being impatient. Why? You could drop the $2000 on everything you need and want, and get it all before one of these lameass pre-fab box makers even gets your system into a box.

Spend $2000 on the components you want, and get 3x the PC you otherwise would.

I WILL NOT recommend a place to buy a pre-built gaming PC. None exist that come even close to living up to my standards. Alienware........you just mentioned a name that makes me laugh so hard I nearly $hit my pants.