Job Searching

Krosigrim

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How many resumes have you submitted? estimate... "

I printed out 55 when I first got home from my holiday on September 3rd, I have none of those left, I am printing out a new lot tomorrow. (My dad prints them at his work).

"How many resumes have you submitted? estimate... "

I printed out 55 when I first got home from my holiday on September 3rd, I have none of those left, I am printing out a new lot tomorrow. (My dad prints them at his work).

Woah.... and no replies???? Damn. Well, don't let it get you down... But... something isnt right? How is the job market where you are from? Are you in a populated area... or do you live on outskirts?

I live in Melbourne, it has a population of around 4 million, I have mostly been trying in the CBD for jobs.

I recently found out a good friend of mine from Highschool (Who I have not seen for awhile) brother is the manager of a EB in the city I got his email of his brother sent him my resume last night (His brother sounded pretty hopeful that he could hook me up).

Another friends brother is the manger of a call center for the ANZ bank, so thats another option I might be able to go after.

It really is who you know now what you know.

I had a callback (Group Interview) to a Bunning warehouse, which are like massive hardware stores, however that is only because anyone who applies goes to these massive 30+ group interviews in which there are a lot of trades people and so on so when they know everything about hardware and you know nothing but the basics, it makes it hard.

My friend (Who is a couple months older then me) is having the exact same problem finding work, I have been out with him before and he spends a good 5-10 minutes talking to managers as well. We have done some odd jobs for these people who are building a set of units, but thats over now (and the pay was horrible, but money is money).

Just gotta keep going at it.

Well you are trying hard, so you will get what you seek... it's just a matter of time. Hell I gotta fight alittle just to get this job... I have no relevant information for anyone yet... but i'll let ya know.