Do you believe the world will end in 2012?

Alpha

World ends?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With economies collapsing, wars, major inflation, world leaders abusing power, and more crap ... do you think the world is going to end in 2012?

"The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by Jose Arguelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation.[12]"

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

"The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to

resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT."

Source: http://www.greatdreams.com/2012.htm

I remember in 1996 that there were shows on television with these psychics saying they had visions of massive hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes completely destroying half of the United States in the year 2000. Of course, that didn't happen. Although, some also say global warming is happening, and that it may lead to that.

Anyway, do you believe the world will end in 2012? If word comes out that the world will truly end in 2012, how do you think people will live their lives? Will we become animals or will there still be the rule of law enforcing civilians? What would you do on your lasts days on earth?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 will be the dawn of a new age, not the end of the world. It's the end of an age. Damn misconceptions.

If anything, I want to believe (Heaven knows that the Human race needs a huge slap in the face, again. Just to get us back on track of not being stupid) that the end of the world would happen. The moment the LHC breaks reality as we know it is more plausible, but highly doubtful to happen, as with the end of the world.

Unless you know, the LHC fuks up on December 21, 2012 at 11:11 am GMT. Then all those scientists just BLACKHOLE ROLL'D the whole friking world.

I voted NO.

Can't see that anything much outside of the normal abnormalities will occur.

What did they mean by "end of the world"?

Planet destroyed? Sun blowing up?

Or just minor things like end of human civilisation, economic collapse, war, famine... the usual

be the end of the world as we know it.... Who knows what that means?

Economy:

18:10 standing far away for the fear of her torment, saying, 'Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the strong city! For your judgment has come in one hour.'

18:11 The merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise any more;

18:12 merchandise of gold, silver, precious stones, pearls, fine linen, purple, silk, scarlet, all expensive wood, every vessel of ivory, every vessel made of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble;

18:13 and cinnamon, incense, perfume, frankincense, wine, olive oil, fine flour, wheat, sheep, horses, chariots, bodies, and people's souls.

Chapter 21-22: A new world order with peace on earth, after the Battle of Armageddon, in the New Jerusalem. A thousand years of peace and prosperity on earth, after Armageddon, followed by another Armageddon. A city called the New Jerusalem descends from heaven. The New Jerusalem has twelve gates, and the walls have precious stones.

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

According to the bible, if it's gonna happen it's already started I suppose.

The truth is no-one actually knows the true meaning of the mayan calander prophecies(if you want to call them that).these predictions in the mayan calander all work in cycles and as usual the doom-mongers get a hold of it and boom its the end of the world AGAIN.

2012 will be the dawn of a new age, not the end of the world. It's the end of an age. Damn misconceptions.

If anything, I want to believe (Heaven knows that the Human race needs a huge slap in the face, again. Just to get us back on track of not being stupid) that the end of the world would happen. The moment the LHC breaks reality as we know it is more plausible, but highly doubtful to happen, as with the end of the world.

Unless you know, the LHC fuks up on December 21, 2012 at 11:11 am GMT. Then all those scientists just BLACKHOLE ROLL'D the whole friking world.

What does LHC stand for?

Over here GC - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

I voted yes, why you ask? Well, when the end of the world does come, I'll be the only male survivor, the only other living breathing human beings will be hot sexy 18-26 year old females who all desire to re-populate the planet, I'm up for that task :P.