Mudlord leaves the scene

Robert

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed it now.

Guess I have a lot of explaining to do.

What caused this happen?

Rob, loads of things.

For starters, the whole way MAMEDev collectively shows thier image. For example, some of thier developers in the past made some very harsh comments on how things are done in the N64 emulation scene. Plus decreeing anyone that uses a non cycle accurate approach, promoting piracy. Which includes N64 emulators, since HLE is done because of speed and aesthetic reasons. Looking back, I guess I misinterpreted thier image, and now I see them in a completely different light, plus now I made peace with MooglyGuy.

Secondly, I noticed that optimization in emulators was thrown out the window in exchange for pure accuracy and nothing else. I personally feel optimization matters, and that it can be done without affecting accuracy at all. blargg's QuickNES and Marty's Nestopia is proof of that.

Thirdly, all the n00bs in the scene. Its annoying when you have Pokemon fans constantly asking how to play thier pirated games. It really got on my nerves.

Not to mention, working on VBA drained my motivation, since I knew the only way to fix VBA for good, is to completely rewrite the whole thing. Due to the code in the original VBA being so messy and badly written, it affects how things can be done. That has drained my motivation somewhat. And now the VBA-M team is stuck with the utter mess Forgotten created. Which is a shame.

Finally, I got sick of all the arguments I had with the other emu devs in the scene over the smallest things. In the past I had arguments with byuu, only to find now that we share the same views. Quite stupid really.

So the main reasons were:

* Issues with MAMEdev the collective

* Issues with optimization not being cared about

* Issues with the Pokewhingers and Digif*gs

* Issues with how convolted and messy VBA code is

* Issues with accomplices.

So yeah, thats it.

Though, I got a lil motivation back. Recently I did some work with Spacy in time for the Mother 3 translation (VBA-M's code is the only GBA emulator now IIRC with UPS/PPF support, yay!), plus coding a installer for VBA-M the Windows port.

So this Mudlord is off to cry and listen to Linkin Park while jacking off of clown women getting raped videos.

In a sense, yes. Now he is sorta lurking in the scene, now he is another entirely different scene. Though there is a huge amount of legal risks.....