USA Presidential Election 2008: Barack Obama (D) vs. John McCain (R)

Alpha

USA Presidential Election 2008  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought we would need an official thread and poll for this, seeing as how the USA Elections 2008 for the next president are coming very near. Who will you be voting for and why? Defend your positions and stances. I'll be keeping this thread updated with all the latest news of the candidates (President or Vice President).

Lastly, my stance will remain neutral throughout the continuing political discussions on 1Emulation. I think that would be for the best.

Please keep this thread flame war (personal insulting) free. Constructive criticism and heated debates are allowed.

Don't forget to rock your vote at the top of this thread. :P

P.S. I purposely left all independents (and any others) out of this poll because of the more than likely chance that a Democrat or Republican will be winning. Also, if you look at the poll questions, they are not asking who you will vote for, but who you would lean towards.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about the presidential election voting not your poll.

Ah, I wasn't sure then, since no one has still voted yet in my poll.

Why aren't you casting your ballot in the official election? Are you not in a battleground state?

I hate voting cuz I see it as being pointless as it's no longer to me a presidential election and more of a celebrity popularity contest. It's very similar to an award show like MTV's. News channels are really bad at promoting this view. Especially Fox & Friends. They are the worse of any news channel of all.

I hate voting cuz I see it as being pointless as it's no longer to me a presidential election and more of a celebrity popularity contest. It's very similar to an award show like MTV's. News channels are really bad at promoting this view. Especially Fox & Friends. They are the worse of any news channel of all.

You make it sound like voting is absolutely pointless. Just wait and see how the world is another 4 years from now. Perhaps you will regret not voting in the past to help make even a minuscule difference in the results. The 2000 USA Presidential election only had a difference of a few hundred votes (still debated), which could have completely changed the outcome of our feature.

It almost is when electorial votes are the only thing that matters for the election.

That's why I asked if you're in a battleground state? If you're not and it's pretty much known who will win in the state you live, then maybe I would agree with you. :P