9/11 Thread

Lucandrake

Wasn't saying forget, was saying this thread is useless and unnecessary. There are days of remembrance for many things, and people observe them.

What they DON'T tend to do, is dredge the same thing up over and over by trying to put it in the public eye, like this thread is doing.

I'll say it again, it just makes it look to the rest of the world like americans are 3 year olds pulling a tantrum.

Every year, it's like 9/11 overshadows ANYTHING that has ever happened prior because people act like they need to put up some huge sign reminding everyone as if they forgot. It's flocking annoying and I'm sure the families of victims aren't appreciative of it. Remembrance is one thing, insisting on publicizing the same thing year after year by not just something like this thread, but the media even is asinine!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel a thread is useless then ignore it! It's that simple, some people prefer to remember in groups (although this isn't the majority reason media does occur towards this day) it is the reason I went ahead and made this thread. If you feel like a 3 year old for remembering something tragic (and go ahead and attempt to justify it as a immature act of the brain with the words "There have been worse") then that's your way of dealing with it, and it pisses me off that you attempt to even drop the bomb of "I don't care you should move on" by throwing attention to yourself and doing the complete opposite of what your claiming we should "all" do.

Overshadow, that's a sense of self, and for me this day isn't as emotionally reckoning as Christmas when the entire family can't stop arguing and my father decides beer's the best way of shutting everyone up (not drinking it, physical use of it however to his logic is the best way!), but it's worth a mention (as I said before). Then you go on to say that the family of victims aren't appreciative, unless you have someone that actually was there on that day and suffered to a high event (I highly doubt any of the 3,000 people are related to you), don't speak for those you don't know, if they are annoyed and feel the same way as you (annoyed, wishing the news didn't mass coverage the day) then they simply have the same ordeal going on as the rest of us who happen to be 3 years in age, and that's getting over it.

If you want to remember the day in a solo fashion, then do so, don't step on the shoes of the people who feel it better to attempt and remember together (I say attempt because you seem to be on a piss train today, if your still mad about the bike incident I'll go ahead and tell you the same thing "Get over it").

Wouldnt it be more simple for all of you that dont care to just shut up and allow those that do want to say what they have to say alone?

I mean no disrespect but you guys sure do.

Sorry but I was born with the inability to keep my mouth shut around stupid shit.

And what exactly here is stupid aside from Cinders, Mooneys and your comments?

This is a perfectly legit thread

Seconded.

I woke up to the news, being in a different time zone to you guys. Mum came into my room. Her english isn't the best, so she tried to say what was happening in her own way, and really, it was closer then she thought. Her words were, "America is being set on fire." Creepy, aye?

Edited by Chaotica

As are the other 6 to 7 threads about the same subject that each are made one year after the other that surprisingly all have practically the same post in each by the same people who have posted in them.

I could of sworn there was some rule or something about not making multiple threads of the same subject or they'd be merged or something.

If you want to play with the ruleset know that you are allowed to restart a topic after the subject has died down and is again to resurected by recent news, like the changing of the date and the fact that it's a new year.

Yes, it should be remembered every year, and if I still happen to be here next year and I don't see a new thread I'll gladly do what the "carefree" seem to think I shouldn't and post it up. Seriously skythe it must be annoying hearing yourself talk all day considering a high amount of stupidity is released from your brain every second of every minute of every day.

As are the other 6 to 7 threads about the same subject that each are made one year after the other that surprisingly all have practically the same post in each by the same people who have posted in them.

I could of sworn there was some rule or something about not making multiple threads of the same subject or they'd be merged or something.

Nah those other threads are actually Usually stupid ones like the Conspiracy theories and who's to blame for 9/11 ect. This is nothing like those.

I fail to see how my comment was "stupid." This is a topic about remembering the events that occurred on 9/11/01, and I simply stated my opinion on the matter with the aid of a graphic. The fact that my opinion differs from yours does not make either one of us stupid. It was a "perfectly legit" response.