9/11 Thread

Lucandrake

It's that day again, the one that is set to remind us about what we were doing on this same morning a few years ago.

I was chilling, with my Yugioh cards, in middle school, in my homeroom class, and suddenly the next door teacher barges in screaming "One of the twin towers just got hit by a plane, no one knows wtf's going on!". Then the bell rang, and for the rest of the day, I was the only kid in school seeing as every single parent in Florida assumed that first towers, next, schools!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OLD WTF

Seriously, I'm getting sick of this 9/11 bullshit. Yeah it was terrible, but worse things happen on a daily basis in other parts of the world. World War II spanned 5 years and over 70 million people died as a result of it, thousands at a time on daily basis..........yet people don't talk about each occurrence each day.

It happened SEVEN F**KING YEARS AGO! And again, it sucked.........but everyone needs to get over it, and stop waving this flag. The rest of the world looks at you with the same eyes one looks at a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum because of it.

Well i was in school, and they had an announcement saying to close the windows. They hit in Manhattan but the fumes reached all the way to brooklyn with ease.

A Few kids started crying because they had family that worked in manhattan.

And there was No TV for about a week because the antennas were on that building and we didnt have cable lol

That was in 6th grade.

I was at an electronics story in downtown Helsinki when suddenly the clerks switch all the TV sets there to the local news stations, covering the events from from the beginning (obviously not much pictures or video feed at first just a lot of speculation and talking to news reporters stationed in the US)

Also, lots of 9/11 documentaries on TV this week, including but not limited to stuff about the conspiracy nutjobs and Loose Change.

I was in school, probably, not doing much. It was news, to be sure, but there wasn't so much as a small break to inform anyone, the news just spread eventually. I was joking about it that very day, which probably makes me a dick, but eh. I'm with Cinder on this one, it's old news and people need to move on.

OLD WTF

Seriously, I'm getting sick of this 9/11 bullshit. Yeah it was terrible, but worse things happen on a daily basis in other parts of the world. World War II spanned 5 years and over 70 million people died as a result of it, thousands at a time on daily basis..........yet people don't talk about each occurrence each day.

It happened SEVEN F**KING YEARS AGO! And again, it sucked.........but everyone needs to get over it, and stop waving this flag. The rest of the world looks at you with the same eyes one looks at a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum because of it.

seconded

http://current.com/items/89258410_uncle_sam_911

Oh and I might add, the death toll is pinned at 3000 for the events of 9/11.

Know what the death toll in US soldiers alone in Iraq is? (Not even including Afghanistan) 4155! With over 30000 wounded.

Now.....tell me I shouldn't be telling people to STFU about 9/11 and move on. I dare you......

There is a difference between moving on and forgetting all together, and you obviously assumed that the purpose of this thread was to mourn and cry over the event, it isn't, so shut your whining and re-read my first line, it's about remembering the day!

Are you seriously saying we should forget about a certain day and replace it with the memory of a different occurrence over death count? That's like ranking tragedies, in that case let me forget the day my grandmother died and replace it with the tragedy of the Civil War because idiots actually believed slavery to be fact.